The state of Maharashtra in India is home to three of the twelve Jyotirlingas, which are considered sacred abodes of Lord Shiva in Hindu mythology. Visiting these three Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra is a significant pilgrimage for devotees. Here’s an overview of a tour covering the three Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra:
Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga: Located in the Sahyadri hills of Maharashtra, Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga is the first Jyotirlinga on the tour. The temple is nestled amidst lush greenery and offers a serene atmosphere. The Jyotirlinga is believed to represent the divine aspect of Lord Shiva as the source of energy or power. The architecture of the temple showcases intricate carvings and sculptures. Apart from the religious significance, Bhimashankar also attracts nature lovers with its scenic beauty and trekking opportunities.
Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga: Trimbakeshwar, situated near Nashik in Maharashtra, is the second Jyotirlinga on the tour. This temple holds immense religious importance and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva resides as Trimbakeshwar. The temple features ancient architecture and is surrounded by the enchanting Brahmagiri hills. The sacred Godavari River flows nearby, adding to the spiritual aura of the place. Trimbakeshwar is also known for its Kumbh Mela, which takes place every twelve years and attracts millions of pilgrims.
Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga: Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga, located near Aurangabad in Maharashtra, is the third and final Jyotirlinga on the tour. It is one of the holiest shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its architectural grandeur. The temple features intricate carvings and sculptures that reflect the rich heritage of ancient Indian art. Pilgrims visit this temple to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and experience spiritual tranquility.
The tour to the three Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra allows devotees to embark on a spiritual journey and experience the divine presence of Lord Shiva. Along with the religious significance, the tour offers glimpses of Maharashtra’s rich cultural heritage, architectural marvels, and natural beauty. It is advisable to plan the tour during favorable weather conditions and make necessary arrangements for accommodation and transportation to ensure a smooth and fulfilling pilgrimage experience.
3 Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra Tour Package
|3 Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra Tour Package
|04 Night / 05 Days
|Mumbai- Grishneshwar – Aurangabad- Ellora Caves – Shirdi- Bhimashankar- Pune.
|15,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 person applicable)
Day 01:Arrival in Mumbai
- Arrive in Mumbai, the commercial capital of Maharashtra, via flight or train.
- Check-in to your hotel and rest.
- In the evening, you can explore the famous Marine Drive, a popular waterfront promenade, or visit Juhu Beach, one of Mumbai’s most famous beaches.
- Overnight stay in Mumbai.
Day 02: Mumbai – Grishneshwar – Aurangabad
- After breakfast, depart for Aurangabad via road (approximately 6-7 hours’ drive).
- Enroute, visit Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga, located near Aurangabad, which is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India.
- After darshan (worship) at Grishneshwar Temple, continue your journey to Aurangabad.
- Check-in to your hotel in Aurangabad and rest.
- Overnight stay in Aurangabad.
Day 03: Aurangabad – Ellora Caves – Shirdi
- After breakfast, visit the famous Ellora Caves
- Explore the Kailash Temple, which is considered one of the most remarkable cave temples in the world and dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Check-in to your hotel in Shirdi and rest.
- Overnight stay in Shirdi.
Day 04: Shirdi – Bhimashankar
- Early morning, visit the Sai Baba Temple and seek blessings.
- After breakfast, depart for Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga, located in the Sahyadri Mountains.
- Upon arrival, visit the Bhimashankar Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, which is known for its beautiful architecture and scenic surroundings.
- After darshan, check-in to your hotel near Bhimashankar and rest.
- Overnight stay near Bhimashankar.
Day 05: Bhimashankar – Pune/Mumbai Departure
- After breakfast, drive back to Pune or Mumbai, depending on your departure plans.
- Arrive at Pune or Mumbai and proceed to the airport or railway station for your onward journey, or you can choose to extend your stay and explore more of Maharashtra’s attractions.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What are the 3 Jyotirlinga temples included in the Maharashtra Tour Package?
The 3 Jyotirlinga temples included in the Maharashtra Tour Package are:
1. Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga in Pune
2. Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga in Aurangabad
3. Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga in Nashik
Q2: What is the significance of Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga?
Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga temples dedicated to Lord Shiva. It holds great religious and mythological significance. The temple is situated amidst the lush greenery of the Sahyadri Mountains and is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva appeared in the form of Bhima and defeated the demon Tripurasura.
Q3: What is the significance of Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga?
Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and is considered one of the holiest places in Maharashtra. It is believed to be the abode of Lord Shiva in the form of Grishneshwar, meaning “lord of compassion.” The temple’s architecture and spiritual atmosphere attract devotees from all over the world.
Q4: What is the significance of Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga?
Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga is one of the most important Jyotirlinga temples in India. It holds great religious significance and is believed to be the place where the sacred river Godavari originates. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its unique architecture and the presence of sacred kush grass.
Q5: Can I visit all 3 Jyotirlinga temples in a single tour?
Yes, the Maharashtra Tour Package is designed to cover all 3 Jyotirlinga temples. It provides a comprehensive itinerary that allows you to visit each temple and explore their spiritual and architectural beauty. The tour ensures a fulfilling pilgrimage experience for devotees and spiritual seekers.
Q6: Are there any additional attractions included in the Maharashtra Tour Package?
Yes, apart from the 3 Jyotirlinga temples, the Maharashtra Tour Package may include visits to other significant attractions in the respective cities. These may include nearby temples, historical sites, or natural attractions. The specific itinerary and additional attractions may vary depending on the tour package chosen.
Q7: Are accommodation and transportation included in the Maharashtra Tour Package?
Yes, the Maharashtra Tour Package typically includes accommodation and transportation. The package may provide options for different types of accommodation, such as hotels or guesthouses, depending on your preferences and budget. Transportation between the different destinations and attractions is also included for a seamless travel experience.
Q8: Are meals included in the Maharashtra Tour Package?
Meal inclusions may vary depending on the specific Maharashtra Tour Package you choose. Some packages may include breakfast, while others may offer additional meal options such as lunch or dinner. It is advisable to check the package details or consult with the tour operator to understand the meal inclusions beforehand.
Q9: Can I customize the Maharashtra Tour Package according to my preferences?
Yes, many tour operators offer customization options for the Maharashtra Tour Package. You can discuss your preferences, such as specific attractions, duration of the tour, accommodation preferences, and any additional requirements with the tour operator. They can tailor the package to suit your needs and provide a personalized experience.
Q10: What is the best time to visit the 3 Jyotirlinga temples in Maharashtra?
The best time to visit the 3 Jyotirlinga temples in Maharashtra is during the cooler months from October to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, making it comfortable for temple visits and sightseeing. However, it is advisable to check the local weather conditions and any specific temple festivals or events before planning your visit.