West Jaintia Hills is a district located in the state of Meghalaya, India. It is situated in the eastern part of Meghalaya and is bordered by East Jaintia Hills district to the east, East Khasi Hills district to the west, and Bangladesh to the south.
The district is known for its natural beauty, with lush green hills, scenic landscapes, rivers, and waterfalls. It is home to several popular tourist attractions, including:
Krang Suri Waterfall: It is a mesmerizing waterfall surrounded by dense forests and rock formations. The crystal-clear turquoise water makes it a popular spot for swimming and picnicking.
Thluh Sngi Waterfall: Also known as the Lady of the Lake, this waterfall is famous for its unique horse-shoe shape. It offers a serene and picturesque setting for nature lovers.
Nartiang Monoliths: Located in Nartiang village, these ancient monoliths are tall stone pillars erected by the Jaintia kings. They are a testimony to the rich historical and cultural heritage of the region.
Ialong Park: Situated in the town of Jowai, this park is known for its beautiful landscape and tranquil atmosphere. It offers walking trails, viewpoints, and a children’s play area.
Thadlaskein Lake: It is a picturesque lake surrounded by hills and greenery. The calm and serene environment makes it a popular spot for boating and relaxation.
Krem Mawmluh and Krem Liat Prah: These are cave systems located in the district, offering opportunities for cave exploration and adventure activities. Krem Liat Prah is one of the longest caves in India.
Visiting West Jaintia Hills provides an opportunity to experience the local culture, interact with the friendly Khasi people, and enjoy the natural wonders of the region. The district is also known for its agricultural practices, with terraced fields and tea gardens adding to the scenic beauty.
Travelers can explore the district by hiring local guides, availing tour packages, or organizing their own itinerary. It is advisable to check weather conditions, road conditions, and any necessary permits or entry fees before visiting specific attractions in West Jaintia Hills.
West Jaintia Hills Tour Package
|West Jaintia Hills Tour Package
|05 Nights / 06 days
|Shillong- Dawki – Mawlynnong- Cherrapunji- West Jaintia Hills.
|20,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Shillong
- Arrive at Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya, and check into your hotel.
- Spend the day exploring local markets and getting acquainted with the charming atmosphere of Shillong.
- Visit the Don Bosco Museum, which showcases the indigenous culture and history of the region.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant and rest for the night.
Day 02: Shillong – Dawki – Mawlynnong
- After breakfast, depart for Dawki, a picturesque town known for its crystal-clear Umngot River.
- Take a boat ride on the Umngot River and witness the stunning beauty of its turquoise waters.
- Proceed to Mawlynnong, often referred to as “Asia’s Cleanest Village.”
- Explore Mawlynnong and visit the Living Root Bridge, balancing rock, and the Sky View Point.
- Overnight stay in a homestay or guesthouse in Mawlynnong.
Day 03: Mawlynnong – Cherrapunji
- Depart from Mawlynnong and head towards Cherrapunji, one of the wettest places on Earth.
- En route, visit the Nohkalikai Falls, one of the tallest waterfalls in India.
- Explore the Mawsmai Cave, known for its limestone formations and stalactites.
- Visit the Seven Sisters Falls and Eco Park in Cherrapunji.
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Cherrapunji.
Day 04: Cherrapunji – West Jaintia Hills
- Leave Cherrapunji and proceed towards the West Jaintia Hills district.
- Visit the Krang Suri Waterfall, a mesmerizing waterfall surrounded by lush greenery.
- Explore the ancient Kiang Nongbah Monument, an important historical site.
- Overnight stay at a hotel or guesthouse in West Jaintia Hills.
Day 05: West Jaintia Hills – Shillong
- After breakfast, visit the enchanting Thadlaskein Lake, known for its serene surroundings.
- Explore the Thadlaskein Wildlife Sanctuary, home to various species of flora and fauna.
- Return to Shillong and spend the evening shopping for souvenirs or relaxing at a local café.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner and overnight stay at your hotel in Shillong.
- Check out from your hotel in Shillong.
- Depart for your onward journey with fond memories of your West Jaintia Hills tour.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
What is West Jaintia Hills?
West Jaintia Hills is a district located in the state of Meghalaya, India. It is known for its natural beauty, picturesque landscapes, and rich cultural heritage. The district is home to several scenic attractions, including waterfalls, caves, lakes, and traditional villages.
What does a West Jaintia Hills tour package include?
The specific inclusions of a West Jaintia Hills tour package may vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. Generally, the package includes transportation to and from West Jaintia Hills, accommodation, meals, sightseeing to popular attractions in the district, and sometimes guide services. It may also include entry fees to attractions and any additional activities or experiences mentioned in the package.
How long does a West Jaintia Hills tour package usually last?
The duration of a West Jaintia Hills tour package can vary depending on the package and your preferences. Typically, packages range from 2 to 4 days. However, you can find shorter or longer duration packages to suit your travel needs.
Can I customize a West Jaintia Hills tour package?
Yes, many tour operators allow customization of West Jaintia Hills tour packages. You can discuss your preferences, such as specific attractions you want to visit, the duration of the tour, accommodation options, and any additional services you may require, with the tour operator. They can help tailor the package to suit your requirements.
What are some popular attractions in West Jaintia Hills?
West Jaintia Hills is home to several popular attractions. Some of the noteworthy ones include Krang Suri Waterfall, Thluh Sngi Waterfall, Nartiang Monoliths, Ialong Park, Thadlaskein Lake, and several cave systems such as Krem Mawmluh and Krem Liat Prah. These attractions offer breathtaking views, opportunities for nature walks, and insights into the local culture and heritage.
What should I pack for a West Jaintia Hills tour?
When packing for a West Jaintia Hills tour, it is advisable to carry comfortable walking shoes, light and breathable clothing, a rain jacket or umbrella, a hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, a water bottle, a small backpack, and a camera to capture the scenic beauty. Additionally, if you plan to visit caves or indulge in adventure activities, pack appropriate gear and clothing accordingly.
What is the best time to visit West Jaintia Hills?
The best time to visit West Jaintia Hills is during the months of October to May when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities. The monsoon season (June to September) brings heavy rainfall, which can limit accessibility to certain areas and increase the risk of landslides. It’s important to be aware of the weather conditions and plan your visit accordingly.
Are there any specific cultural experiences or festivals in West Jaintia Hills?
West Jaintia Hills is known for its vibrant cultural heritage. The local communities celebrate various festivals throughout the year, showcasing their traditional music, dance, and customs. Some prominent festivals include Behdeinkhlam, Siat Khnam, and Laho Dance Festival. These festivals offer a glimpse into the rich cultural traditions of the region.