The Vittala Temple, located in Hampi, Karnataka, India, is a renowned temple dedicated to Lord Vittala, a form of Lord Vishnu. It is considered one of the most magnificent and iconic monuments in Hampi, known for its stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and the famous musical pillars. The temple stands as a testimony to the artistic and architectural brilliance of the Vijayanagara Empire.
Here’s an overview of the Vittala Temple tour:
History and Significance:
The Vittala Temple was built during the 15th and 16th centuries, during the reign of the Vijayanagara Empire. It was constructed to honor Lord Vittala, a popular deity worshipped in the region. The temple was an important center of worship and pilgrimage during the Vijayanagara era and continues to be a significant religious site today.
The temple showcases the Vijayanagara style of architecture, characterized by elaborate and ornate structures. The main temple complex consists of a large pillared hall, known as the Maha Mantapa, a central shrine, and various smaller shrines and structures. The outer walls of the temple are adorned with intricate carvings and sculptures depicting various mythological stories, deities, and celestial beings.
One of the highlights of the Vittala Temple is its famous musical pillars. These pillars, when struck, produce musical notes, creating a melodic sound. Each pillar is sculpted with precise proportions and designs to create different musical tones. The musical pillars represent the exceptional architectural and acoustic knowledge of the artisans of that time.
Another iconic feature of the Vittala Temple is the stone chariot, also known as the Ratha. It is a beautifully carved stone structure resembling a chariot with intricate details. The stone chariot has become an emblem of Hampi and is considered an architectural marvel. It is often depicted in various photographs and artwork representing Hampi’s cultural heritage.
Garuda Shrine and Hall of Dance:
Within the temple complex, there is a separate shrine dedicated to Garuda, the mythical bird and vehicle of Lord Vishnu. The shrine features a towering stone image of Garuda. Adjacent to the shrine, there is the Hall of Dance, which displays intricate carvings of celestial dancers, musicians, and various poses of classical dance forms.
Hampi Bazaar and Surrounding Attractions:
The Vittala Temple is located near the Hampi Bazaar, a vibrant market area that offers a glimpse into the past with its ruins and old structures. Exploring the surrounding area allows visitors to witness other architectural gems of Hampi, such as the Virupaksha Temple, the Elephant Stables, and the Lotus Mahal.
Visiting the Vittala Temple provides an awe-inspiring experience of ancient Indian architecture and craftsmanship. The intricately carved sculptures, the enchanting musical pillars, and the majestic stone chariot make it a must-visit destination for history enthusiasts, art lovers, and spiritual seekers.
Vittala Temple Tour Package
|Vittala Temple Tour Package
|05Nights / 06days
|Hampi- Vittala- Anegundi.
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Hampi Arrival
- Arrival in Hampi: Arrive at Hampi by train or bus. Check into your hotel or accommodation and take some rest.
- Orientation: Get acquainted with the Hampi area and its historical significance. Learn about the rich history, culture, and architectural wonders of the Vijayanagara Empire.
Day 02:Vittala Temple Sightseeing
- Vittala Temple Visit: Start your day with a visit to the Vittala Temple. Marvel at the iconic stone chariot, the magnificent gopuram (tower), and the impressive architecture of the temple complex. Explore the stunning sculptures, intricate carvings, and the famous musical pillars that produce different musical sounds when tapped. Spend ample time exploring the temple complex and admiring its beauty.
- Riverside Ruins: After visiting the Vittala Temple, take a leisurely walk along the Tungabhadra River and explore the riverside ruins. Admire the beautiful landscape and ruins of ancient structures such as the Queen’s Bath, Elephant Stables, and Lotus Mahal.
Day 03: Hampi Excursion
- Hampi Bazaar and Monuments: Spend the day exploring the Hampi Bazaar, a lively market street lined with shops selling handicrafts, jewelry, and souvenirs. Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere and visit nearby monuments such as the Monolithic Bull, Sasivekalu Ganesha, and Kadalekalu Ganesha. Take your time to explore and appreciate the unique architecture and historical significance of these structures.
- Hemakuta Hill Temples: End your day with a visit to the Hemakuta Hill Temples, a cluster of small and medium-sized temples dedicated to various deities. Enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes from the hilltop and witness a breathtaking sunset or sunrise.
Day 04: Anegundi Village
- Anegundi Village: Take a day trip to Anegundi Village, located across the Tungabhadra River. Explore this ancient village and visit sites such as the Anjanadri Hill (birthplace of Lord Hanuman), Pampa Sarovar (sacred pond), and the Chintamani Temple. Immerse yourself in the rural charm and soak in the cultural heritage of the region.
Day 05: Ramanathaswamy
- Underground Shiva Temple: On this day, visit the Underground Shiva Temple, also known as the Prasanna Virupaksha Temple. Descend into the underground shrine and witness the awe-inspiring architecture and artwork.
- Achyutaraya Temple: Explore the Achyutaraya Temple, dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara. Admire the grandeur of the temple complex and the intricate carvings depicting scenes from Hindu mythology.
Day 06: Departure
- Departure: Check out from the hotel and proceed to your onward journey with beautiful memories of your Vittala Temple tour in Hampi.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is Vittala Temple located?
A: Vittala Temple is located in Hampi, Karnataka, India. It is situated on the southern bank of the Tungabhadra River.
Q: What is included in a typical Vittala Temple tour package?
A: The specific inclusions of a Vittala Temple tour package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, a typical package may include transportation to and from Hampi, accommodation, sightseeing to Vittala Temple and other nearby attractions, the services of a tour guide, and meals.
Q: How long does a Vittala Temple tour package usually last?
A: The duration of a Vittala Temple tour package can vary depending on the package and your preferences. It can range from a one-day tour to multiple days, allowing you to explore other temples and historical sites in Hampi.
Q: Is there any dress code to enter Vittala Temple?
A: While there is no strict dress code, it is advisable to dress modestly and respectfully while visiting Vittala Temple. It is recommended to wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees. As a mark of respect, many visitors also choose to remove their footwear before entering the temple premises.
Q: Are there any photography restrictions inside Vittala Temple?
A: Photography is generally allowed inside Vittala Temple. However, there may be restrictions on using flash photography or tripods. It is important to be respectful and considerate while taking photographs, especially in sacred areas. It is recommended to follow the guidelines provided by the temple authorities.
Q: Can I visit other attractions in Hampi as part of the tour package?
A: Yes, many tour packages include visits to other attractions in Hampi, such as the Virupaksha Temple, Lotus Mahal, Elephant Stables, and the Virupaksha Bazaar. These attractions offer a glimpse into the rich history and architectural heritage of the region.
Q: Can I customize a Vittala Temple tour package?
A: Some tour operators offer the flexibility to customize Vittala Temple tour packages according to your preferences. You may be able to adjust the duration, include additional attractions or activities, or make specific arrangements based on your interests. It is advisable to inquire with the tour operator about customization options.
Q: Can I book a Vittala Temple tour package online?
A: Yes, many tour operators provide the option to book Vittala Temple tour packages online. You can visit their websites, select the desired package, and follow the booking process. It is recommended to choose reputable tour operators and review their cancellation and refund policies.