Varanasi, also known as Kashi or Banaras, is an ancient city that has been a center of spirituality, learning, and culture for thousands of years. A trip to Varanasi is a journey into the heart of India’s spiritual traditions, where you can witness fascinating rituals, explore sacred sites, and immerse yourself in the vibrant cultural tapestry of the city.
Varanasi Short Trip Package
|Varanasi Short Trip Package
|02 Nights / 03 days
|5,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Varanasi
- Arrive at the Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi Junction railway station.
- Transfer to your hotel and check-in.
- Rest and relax for a while to acclimatize to the city.
- In the evening, proceed to the ghats of Varanasi to witness the mesmerizing Ganga Aarti ceremony, a spiritual ritual performed on the banks of the Ganges River.
- Explore the bustling lanes of Varanasi, known for its vibrant markets and traditional shops.
- Overnight stay in Varanasi.
Day 02: Varanasi City Tour
- Early morning, embark on a boat ride on the sacred Ganges River during sunrise. Witness the ethereal beauty of the river and observe the morning rituals performed by devotees along the ghats.
- After the boat ride, take a walking tour through the narrow alleys of Varanasi’s old city, known as the Kashi Vishwanath Temple area. Experience the spiritual energy, visit ancient temples, and learn about the rich cultural heritage of the city.
- Visit the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, and seek blessings.
- Explore other significant attractions like the Durga Temple, Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, and Tulsi Manas Temple.
- In the evening, you can opt for a serene boat ride on the Ganges River to witness the evening rituals and the enchanting sight of lamps floating on the river.
- Overnight stay in Varanasi.
Day 03:Excursion to Sarnath and Departure
- After breakfast, proceed for an excursion to Sarnath, a renowned Buddhist pilgrimage site located near Varanasi.
- Visit the Dhamek Stupa, where Lord Buddha is believed to have given his first sermon, and explore the ancient ruins and museums that showcase the history and teachings of Buddhism.
- Take some time for meditation and introspection in the tranquil ambiance of Sarnath.
- Return to Varanasi and check out from your hotel.
- If time permits, you can visit additional attractions or explore local markets for some last-minute shopping.
- Transfer to the airport or railway station for your departure.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Where is Lansdowne located?
- Lansdowne is a hill station located in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand, India. It is situated at an altitude of approximately 1,700 meters (5,600 feet) above sea level.
How can I reach Lansdowne?
- The nearest airport to Lansdowne is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is approximately 148 kilometers away. The closest railway station is Kotdwara Railway Station, about 40 kilometers from Lansdowne. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Lansdowne.
What is the best time to visit Lansdowne?
- The best time to visit Lansdowne is during the summer months, from March to June, and the autumn months, from September to November. The weather during these periods is pleasant, with moderate temperatures and clear skies, allowing for enjoyable sightseeing and outdoor activities.
What are the attractions in and around Lansdowne?
- Lansdowne offers several attractions for visitors. Some of the popular places to visit in and around Lansdowne include Tip-n-Top Viewpoint, Bhulla Lake, St. John’s Church, Garhwali Mess Museum, Darwan Singh Regimental Museum, and Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple. The town is also surrounded by scenic beauty and offers opportunities for nature walks and photography.
Are there accommodation options available in Lansdowne?
- Yes, there are accommodation options available in Lansdowne to suit various budgets. You can find hotels, resorts, guesthouses, and even forest rest houses for a comfortable stay. It is advisable to make prior reservations, especially during peak tourist seasons.
What activities can I do in Lansdowne?
- Lansdowne offers various activities for visitors. You can enjoy boating at Bhulla Lake, take nature walks in the surrounding forests, go trekking to nearby peaks like Snow Viewpoint and Hawaghar, visit the local markets for shopping, and indulge in birdwatching. The peaceful environment also makes it an ideal place for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Is there any local cuisine to try in Lansdowne?
- While in Lansdowne, you can savor the local Garhwali cuisine. Some popular dishes include Kumaoni Raita, Aloo Ke Gutke (spiced potatoes), Kafuli (green leafy curry), and Singodi (a sweet made of khoya and coconut). Don’t miss out on trying these delicious regional delicacies.
Are there any nearby trekking options from Lansdowne?
- Yes, there are trekking options available near Lansdowne. You can explore trails like the Jungle Safari Trail, Tiffin Top Trek, and Bhim Pakora Trek. These treks offer scenic views, encounters with wildlife, and an opportunity to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the region.
What are the nearby places to visit from Lansdowne?
- From Lansdowne, you can visit other nearby attractions like Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Durga Devi Temple, and Kanvashram. These places offer spiritual experiences and are easily accessible from Lansdowne.
Is it necessary to carry warm clothing while visiting Lansdowne?
- It is advisable to carry warm clothing, especially during the winter months (December to February). Lansdowne experiences cold temperatures during this period, and warm clothing will help you stay comfortable. Even during the summer months, evenings can be cool, so carrying a light jacket or sweater is recommended.