Shri Pitambara Peeth in Datia, Madhya Pradesh, India, is a prominent and revered Hindu religious institution dedicated to Goddess Baglamukhi. Here’s some more detailed information about Pitambara Peeth:
1. Location: Pitambara Peeth is situated in the city of Datia, in the Datia district of Madhya Pradesh, India. It is well-connected by road and rail, with Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh being the nearest major railway station.
2. Goddess Baglamukhi: The main deity of Pitambara Peeth is Goddess Baglamukhi, who is one of the ten Mahavidyas (Great Wisdom Goddesses) in Hinduism. She is venerated as the Goddess of power, victory, and protection against adversaries and negative energies. The name “Pitambara” is derived from “Pita” (yellow) and “Ambara” (clothing), referring to the yellow attire worn by the Goddess.
3. Importance and Significance: Pitambara Peeth holds immense religious significance for devotees of Goddess Baglamukhi. The temple is considered as one of the most powerful centers for seeking protection from enemies, legal disputes, and negative influences. Followers believe that worshiping the deity can bestow quick and effective results in their endeavors.
4. Architecture: The temple complex showcases traditional Hindu architecture, with intricate carvings and designs on the walls and pillars. The sanctum sanctorum houses the idol of Goddess Baglamukhi, which is usually adorned with flowers and vibrant clothing.
5. Festivals: The temple celebrates various festivals with grandeur, and Navratri, dedicated to Goddess Durga, is a major celebration here. During Navratri, the temple witnesses a significant influx of devotees who come to seek blessings and participate in the festivities.
6. Spiritual Practices: Apart from regular prayers and rituals, Pitambara Peeth also hosts various spiritual activities such as meditation sessions, bhajan (devotional singing) gatherings, and discourses on spiritual topics.
7. Pilgrimage Destination: Pitambara Peeth is not only a place of worship but also a prominent pilgrimage destination. Devotees from different parts of India, as well as from abroad, visit the temple to seek the blessings and grace of Goddess Baglamukhi.
Shri Pitambara Peeth
|Shri Pitambara Peeth
|04 Nights / 05 days
|Datia- Pitambara Peeth Temple- Jhansi.
|18,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
|5 AM to 11 PM
Day 01: Arrival in Datia
Upon your arrival in Datia, you will be welcomed by our representative and escorted to your pre-booked hotel. After checking in and freshening up, you can take some time to relax and acclimate to the surroundings. In the evening, you may explore the local markets, savor some delicious local cuisine, and get a glimpse of the vibrant life in Datia.
Day 02: Pitambara Peeth Temple Visit
Start your day with a visit to the renowned Pitambara Peeth Temple. This sacred place is dedicated to Goddess Baglamukhi, and it holds immense religious significance among devotees. Witness the morning prayers and immerse yourself in the divine atmosphere. Seek the blessings of Goddess Baglamukhi for prosperity, protection, and victory over obstacles. Spend some time meditating and reflecting on your spiritual journey. Afterward, you can explore other attractions nearby, such as Datia Palace, Govind Palace, and Sonagiri Jain Temples.
Day 03:Excursion to Jhansi
Today, embark on a day trip to the historic city of Jhansi, which is just a short distance from Datia. Visit the iconic Jhansi Fort, where the valiant Rani Lakshmibai exhibited her courage during the Indian Rebellion of 1857. Explore the rich history and architectural marvels at the fort and nearby sites. Take a glimpse into the past at the Government Museum and admire the beauty of St. Jude’s Shrine and Rani Mahal. After a fulfilling day of sightseeing, return to your hotel in Datia.
Day 04:Cultural Exploration
Engage in cultural activities and interactions with the locals today. Experience the vibrant traditions and rituals of the region. If possible, participate in a traditional ceremony at Pitambara Peeth, and gain a deeper understanding of Hindu customs and practices. Interact with the temple priests and learn about the significance of various rituals. Additionally, try some authentic Madhya Pradesh cuisine to tantalize your taste buds and savor the local flavors.
After breakfast, check out from your hotel, and our representative will assist you with your departure. As you bid farewell to Datia and Pitambara Peeth, carry with you the divine blessings and spiritual experiences you’ve gained during your visit. Depart for your onward journey with cherished memories of your time in this sacred land.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Where is Lansdowne located?
- Lansdowne is a hill station located in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand, India. It is situated at an altitude of approximately 1,700 meters (5,600 feet) above sea level.
How can I reach Lansdowne?
- The nearest airport to Lansdowne is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is approximately 148 kilometers away. The closest railway station is Kotdwara Railway Station, about 40 kilometers from Lansdowne. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Lansdowne.
What is the best time to visit Lansdowne?
- The best time to visit Lansdowne is during the summer months, from March to June, and the autumn months, from September to November. The weather during these periods is pleasant, with moderate temperatures and clear skies, allowing for enjoyable sightseeing and outdoor activities.
What are the attractions in and around Lansdowne?
- Lansdowne offers several attractions for visitors. Some of the popular places to visit in and around Lansdowne include Tip-n-Top Viewpoint, Bhulla Lake, St. John’s Church, Garhwali Mess Museum, Darwan Singh Regimental Museum, and Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple. The town is also surrounded by scenic beauty and offers opportunities for nature walks and photography.
Are there accommodation options available in Lansdowne?
- Yes, there are accommodation options available in Lansdowne to suit various budgets. You can find hotels, resorts, guesthouses, and even forest rest houses for a comfortable stay. It is advisable to make prior reservations, especially during peak tourist seasons.
What activities can I do in Lansdowne?
- Lansdowne offers various activities for visitors. You can enjoy boating at Bhulla Lake, take nature walks in the surrounding forests, go trekking to nearby peaks like Snow Viewpoint and Hawaghar, visit the local markets for shopping, and indulge in birdwatching. The peaceful environment also makes it an ideal place for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Is there any local cuisine to try in Lansdowne?
- While in Lansdowne, you can savor the local Garhwali cuisine. Some popular dishes include Kumaoni Raita, Aloo Ke Gutke (spiced potatoes), Kafuli (green leafy curry), and Singodi (a sweet made of khoya and coconut). Don’t miss out on trying these delicious regional delicacies.
Are there any nearby trekking options from Lansdowne?
- Yes, there are trekking options available near Lansdowne. You can explore trails like the Jungle Safari Trail, Tiffin Top Trek, and Bhim Pakora Trek. These treks offer scenic views, encounters with wildlife, and an opportunity to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the region.
What are the nearby places to visit from Lansdowne?
- From Lansdowne, you can visit other nearby attractions like Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Durga Devi Temple, and Kanvashram. These places offer spiritual experiences and are easily accessible from Lansdowne.
Is it necessary to carry warm clothing while visiting Lansdowne?
- It is advisable to carry warm clothing, especially during the winter months (December to February). Lansdowne experiences cold temperatures during this period, and warm clothing will help you stay comfortable. Even during the summer months, evenings can be cool, so carrying a light jacket or sweater is recommended.