Namdapha National Park is a biodiverse and pristine national park located in the Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh, India. It is a paradise for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, offering a unique and immersive travel experience. Here is an overview of a tour to Namdapha National Park:
Location: Namdapha National Park is situated in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh, bordering Myanmar. It is located in the Eastern Himalayas and covers an area of approximately 1,985 square kilometers. The park is nestled amidst rugged mountains, dense forests, and cascading rivers.
Biodiversity: Namdapha National Park is renowned for its incredible biodiversity. It is considered one of the richest areas in terms of plant and animal species in India. The park is home to several rare and endangered species, including the Bengal tiger, snow leopard, clouded leopard, Indian elephant, Hoolock gibbon, and many more. It is also a birdwatcher’s paradise, with over 450 bird species recorded in the park.
Flora and Fauna: The park boasts a wide range of ecosystems, including tropical evergreen forests, subtropical forests, and alpine meadows. It harbors a diverse range of flora, including rare orchids, bamboo groves, and towering trees. The varied habitats support a rich wildlife population, with a plethora of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians.
Trekking and Wildlife Safari: Namdapha National Park offers excellent opportunities for trekking and wildlife safaris. Trekking enthusiasts can explore various trails within the park, leading to picturesque spots like Deban, Hornbill Camp, and Haldibari. The trails take you through dense forests, river valleys, and scenic landscapes. Wildlife safaris allow visitors to spot and observe the diverse fauna of the park, including elusive big cats and rare primates.
Rich Cultural Heritage: The area surrounding Namdapha National Park is inhabited by several indigenous tribes, including the Lisu, Tangsa, and Singpho. These tribes have their unique cultures, traditions, and festivals. Visitors can interact with the locals, learn about their way of life, and witness their traditional customs, dances, and music.
Adventure Activities: Besides trekking and wildlife safaris, Namdapha National Park offers other adventure activities. The Noa-Dihing River, flowing through the park, provides opportunities for river rafting and angling. Camping, birdwatching, and nature walks are also popular activities within the park.
Permits and Regulations: Entry to Namdapha National Park requires obtaining permits from the park authorities. It is advisable to check the regulations and guidelines before planning a visit. Hiring local guides is recommended to navigate the park and enhance the wildlife spotting experience.
Connectivity: Namdapha National Park is accessible by road and air. The nearest airport is Dibrugarh Airport in Assam, which is approximately 170 kilometers away. Regular bus services and private taxis operate from nearby towns and cities to the park.
Accommodation: Accommodation options within the park are limited. Forest rest houses and eco-camps are available for visitors. It is advisable to make advance bookings for accommodation.
Visiting Tips: Namdapha National Park is a remote and ecologically sensitive area. It is advisable to plan your visit well in advance. Respect the park’s rules and regulations, and maintain cleanliness and eco-friendly practices. Carry appropriate clothing, including warm clothing for winters and rain gear for the monsoon season. Engage local guides for a safe and enriching experience.
Namdapha National Park Tour Package
|Namdapha National Park Tour Package
|06 Nights / 07 days
|Dibrugarh- Miao- Namdapha National Park – Deban – Hornbill Camp- Bulbulia – Embeong.
|20,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Dibrugarh – Transfer to Miao
- Arrive at Dibrugarh Airport or Railway Station.
- Meet our representative and transfer to Miao, the gateway to Namdapha National Park.
- Check-in at the hotel and relax.
- In the evening, explore the local area and visit nearby villages.
- Overnight stay in Miao.
Day 02: Namdapha National Park
- After breakfast, proceed to Namdapha National Park.
- Enter the park and embark on a jungle trekking adventure.
- Explore the diverse flora and fauna of the park, known for its rich biodiversity.
- Visit the Haldibari campsite and enjoy a picnic lunch amidst nature.
- Spot various wildlife species, including tigers, leopards, elephants, and many rare bird species.
- Return to Miao in the evening and relax.
- Overnight stay in Miao.
Day 03: Deban – Hornbill Camp
- After breakfast, drive to Deban, the starting point for the Hornbill Camp trek.
- Begin the trek through lush green forests and beautiful landscapes.
- Reach the Hornbill Camp and check-in at the campsite.
- Enjoy the serene surroundings and listen to the melodious calls of the hornbills.
- Overnight stay at the Hornbill Camp.
Day 04:Hornbill Camp – Bulbulia
- After breakfast, continue the trek from the Hornbill Camp to Bulbulia.
- Trek through dense forests and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Arrive at Bulbulia and set up camp for the night.
- Experience the thrill of camping in the heart of the wilderness.
- Overnight stay at Bulbulia campsite.
Day 05: Bulbulia – Embeong
- After breakfast, resume the trek from Bulbulia to Embeong.
- Trek through scenic trails, crossing rivers and ascending hills.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Arrive at Embeong and set up camp for the night.
- Overnight stay at Embeong campsite.
Day 06: Embeong – Hornbill Camp – Deban – Miao
- After breakfast, trek back from Embeong to the Hornbill Camp.
- Reach the Hornbill Camp and rest for a while.
- Trek back to Deban, from where you will be transferred to Miao.
- Arrive in Miao and check-in at the hotel.
- Spend the evening at leisure, relaxing or exploring the local area.
- Overnight stay in Miao.
Day 07: Departure from Dibrugarh
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel.
- Our representative will transfer you to Dibrugarh Airport or Railway Station for your onward journey.
- Depart from Dibrugarh with wonderful memories of your Namdapha National Park tour.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Where is Namdapha National Park located?
Namdapha National Park is located in the state of Arunachal Pradesh in northeastern India. It is situated in the Changlang district of the state, near the border with Myanmar.
What is the significance of Namdapha National Park?
Namdapha National Park is known for its rich biodiversity and is considered one of the most important protected areas in the Eastern Himalayas. It is home to various species of flora and fauna, including some rare and endangered species. The park is also known for its dense forests, pristine rivers, and scenic beauty, making it a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and wildlife lovers.
How can I reach Namdapha National Park?
The nearest airport to Namdapha National Park is Dibrugarh Airport in Assam, which is approximately 150 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a shared cab to reach Miao, the nearest town to the park. From Miao, you can arrange for transportation to enter the park.
What are the popular activities to do in Namdapha National Park?
Namdapha National Park offers various activities for visitors. Some popular activities include jungle trekking, wildlife spotting, bird watching, camping, and nature photography. The park is also known for its diverse flora, including various species of orchids, which attracts botany enthusiasts.
Are there specific tour packages available for Namdapha National Park?
Yes, there are tour packages available specifically designed for visiting Namdapha National Park. These packages often include accommodation, transportation, guided tours, and sometimes meals. The duration of the tour package may vary depending on the activities and attractions you wish to cover within the park.
Is it safe to visit Namdapha National Park?
Namdapha National Park is generally safe for visitors. However, it is important to follow the guidelines and instructions given by park authorities and local guides. As the park is located in a remote area, it is advisable to be well-prepared with necessary supplies, such as insect repellents, proper clothing, and trekking equipment. It is also recommended to visit the park with an experienced guide or as part of a guided tour package.