Mechuka is a beautiful destination located in the West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh in India. It is a remote town surrounded by mountains and lush green forests, and it offers a unique experience for travelers who are looking for adventure and nature.
|06 Night / 07 Days
|Dibrugarh – Along – Mechuka – Dibrugarh
|15,600/- Per Person (Min- 6 person applicable)
Day 01: Arrival in Dibrugarh
- You will arrive at Dibrugarh airport, where our representative will greet you and transfer you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax and explore the town on your own.
Day 02: Dibrugarh to Along
- After breakfast, you will drive to Along, a small town located about 180 kilometers from Dibrugarh. The drive takes around 6-7 hours, and you will pass through scenic landscapes, tea gardens, and small villages on the way. Upon arrival in Along, you will check into your hotel and spend the night.
Day 03: Along to Mechuka
- After breakfast, you will drive to Mechuka, a small town located about 150 kilometers from Along. The drive takes around 6-7 hours, and you will pass through some of the most scenic landscapes in the region. You will cross the Siyom River and drive along the Yargap Chu River to reach Mechuka. Upon arrival, you will check into your hotel and spend the night.
Day 04: Mechuka Sightseeing
- Today, you will explore Mechuka and its surrounding areas. You will visit the 400-year-old Samten Yongcha Monastery, which is located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the town and the surrounding mountains. You will also visit the Gurudwara Sahib, a Sikh place of worship that was established in the town during the 1962 Indo-China war. In the afternoon, you can take a short hike to the nearby villages and interact with the locals to get a glimpse of their daily lives. You will spend the night at your hotel in Mechuka.
Day 05: Mechuka to Dibrugarh
- After breakfast, you will drive back to Along. Upon arrival, you will check into your hotel and spend the night.
Day 06: Along to Dibrugarh
- After breakfast, you will drive back to Dibrugarh, where you will spend the night. The rest of the day is free for you to explore the town on your own or relax at your hotel.
Day 07: Departure from Dibrugarh
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to Dibrugarh airport for your flight back home.
Please note that this is just a sample itinerary, and we can customize the tour package according to your preferences and budget.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Mechuka located?
Mechuka is a small town located in the West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, India. It is nestled in the Eastern Himalayas and is known for its scenic beauty, unspoiled nature, and rich cultural heritage.
Q2: How do I reach Mechuka?
To reach Mechuka, you can take a flight to Dibrugarh Airport in Assam, which is the nearest airport to Mechuka. From there, you can hire a cab or take a shared taxi to Mechuka, which is approximately a 12-hour drive. Alternatively, you can also travel by bus from nearby towns or hire a private vehicle for a road trip.
Q3: What is the best time to visit Mechuka?
The best time to visit Mechuka is during the summer and autumn months, from April to October. The weather during this time is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing. It is advisable to avoid visiting during the winter months as Mechuka experiences extremely cold temperatures and heavy snowfall, which may hinder travel and outdoor exploration.
Q4: What are the major attractions in Mechuka?
Mechuka offers a range of attractions for visitors to explore. Some of the major attractions include the Mechuka Valley, Mechuka Lake, Samten Yongcha Monastery, Hanging Bridge, Gurudongmar Lake, and the beautiful landscapes surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Additionally, you can also immerse yourself in the local culture and interact with the friendly Memba tribe.
Q5: Are permits required to visit Mechuka?
Yes, permits are required to visit Mechuka as it is located in a restricted area of Arunachal Pradesh. Indian nationals can obtain an Inner Line Permit (ILP) from the Arunachal Pradesh government office or apply online through the Arunachal Pradesh tourism website. Foreign nationals need to obtain a Protected Area Permit (PAP) through a registered tour operator in Arunachal Pradesh.
Q6: What are the accommodation options in Mechuka?
Mechuka offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. You can find guesthouses, homestays, and small hotels in Mechuka town. These accommodations provide basic facilities and a chance to experience the local culture and hospitality. It’s advisable to book your accommodation in advance, especially during the peak tourist season.
Q7: Are there any trekking opportunities in Mechuka?
Yes, Mechuka offers various trekking opportunities for adventure enthusiasts. You can embark on treks to nearby villages, high-altitude lakes, and viewpoints to witness breathtaking landscapes and experience the pristine beauty of the Himalayas. It’s recommended to hire a local guide or join a trekking group for a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.
Q8: What kind of clothing and gear should I carry for a trip to Mechuka?
When visiting Mechuka, it is advisable to carry warm clothing, especially during the winter months. Layered clothing, thermals, jackets, and woolen caps are essential to protect against the cold weather. Additionally, comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a good camera are recommended for outdoor activities and capturing the scenic beauty of Mechuka.
Q9: Are there any medical facilities available in Mechuka?
Mechuka has limited medical facilities. There is a small hospital and a few primary health centers in the town, but they may have basic facilities and limited medical staff. It’s advisable to carry necessary medications, a first-aid kit, and any specific medical supplies you may require during your trip. In case of emergencies, it may be necessary to travel to nearby towns with better medical facilities.
Q10: Can I hire a local guide in Mechuka?
Yes, it is recommended to hire a local guide in Mechuka, especially if you are not familiar with the region. A local guide can provide valuable insights about the local culture, history, and attractions. They can also help navigate the terrain, ensure your safety during outdoor activities, and enhance your overall experience of Mechuka.