Coonoor is a picturesque hill station located in the Nilgiri district of Tamil Nadu, India. It is a popular tourist destination known for its serene beauty, tea plantations, and pleasant weather. If you’re considering a Coonoor tour package, here’s an overview of what you can expect:
Scenic Beauty: Coonoor is nestled amidst the Nilgiri Hills and offers breathtaking views of lush green valleys, tea gardens, and cascading waterfalls. The town is surrounded by dense forests, providing ample opportunities for nature walks and hikes.
Tea Gardens and Plantations: Coonoor is renowned for its tea estates and is home to some of the finest tea in India. You can visit the tea gardens, learn about the tea-making process, and even indulge in tea-tasting sessions. The rolling hills covered with tea plantations make for a delightful sight.
Sim’s Park: This well-maintained botanical garden is a major attraction in Coonoor. It features a variety of exotic plants, flowers, and trees, making it an ideal place for a leisurely stroll. The park also hosts an annual fruit and vegetable show, which draws many visitors.
Dolphin’s Nose: Offering breathtaking panoramic views, Dolphin’s Nose is a popular viewpoint in Coonoor. It is named after its shape, which resembles a dolphin’s nose. The viewpoint offers a stunning vista of the Catherine Falls and the surrounding landscape.
Catherine Falls: Located near Dolphin’s Nose, Catherine Falls is a double-cascaded waterfall that plunges from a height of around 250 feet. It is a sight to behold and a popular spot for nature enthusiasts and photographers.
Heritage Toy Train: Coonoor is connected to Ooty by the famous Nilgiri Mountain Railway. Taking a ride on the heritage toy train is a must-do experience. The journey offers breathtaking views as the train passes through tunnels, bridges, and beautiful landscapes.
Trekking and Outdoor Activities: Coonoor is a paradise for adventure enthusiasts. You can embark on treks to various viewpoints and hills, such as Lamb’s Rock and Lady Canning’s Seat. The town also offers opportunities for birdwatching, camping, and nature photography.
Local Cuisine: While in Coonoor, don’t miss the chance to savor the local cuisine. You can try authentic Tamil dishes like dosas, idlis, and filter coffee. The town also has several bakeries that offer delicious cakes and pastries.
When planning a Coonoor tour package, make sure to check the weather conditions and choose the best time to visit. The months between October and March are generally considered the most pleasant. Additionally, it’s advisable to book accommodations in advance, as Coonoor can get crowded during peak tourist seasons.
Coonoor Tour Package
|Coonoor Tour Package
|03Nights / 04days
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Coonoor
- Arrival in Coonoor: Arrive at Coonoor by your preferred mode of transportation, such as a flight or a train. Check-in at your hotel or resort and take some time to relax and freshen up.
- Sim’s Park: Start your tour by visiting Sim’s Park, a well-maintained botanical garden known for its collection of exotic plants and flowers. Take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the serene ambiance.
- Dolphin’s Nose: Proceed to Dolphin’s Nose, a viewpoint that offers panoramic views of the surrounding hills and the Catherine Falls. Enjoy the breathtaking vistas and capture memorable photographs.
- Highfield Tea Factory: Visit the Highfield Tea Factory and learn about the tea-making process. Witness the tea leaves being plucked, processed, and packaged. Enjoy a cup of fresh tea and purchase some tea as souvenirs.
Day 02:Coonoor Sightseeing
- Coonoor Heritage Train Ride: Embark on a memorable journey on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway, also known as the toy train. Enjoy the scenic route from Coonoor to Ooty and marvel at the picturesque landscapes along the way.
- Lamb’s Rock: Visit Lamb’s Rock, a vantage point that offers stunning views of the Coimbatore Plains. Enjoy the cool breeze and take in the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings.
- Law’s Falls: Proceed to Law’s Falls, a scenic waterfall located amidst lush greenery. Spend some time here, enjoying the peaceful ambiance and the cascading waters.
- Catherine Falls: Visit Catherine Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in the Nilgiri Mountains. Admire the majestic beauty of the falls and capture some memorable photographs.
Day 03: Coonoor
- Droog Fort: Start your day by visiting Droog Fort, also known as Bakasura Malai. Trek to the fort and explore the ruins, which offer a glimpse into the region’s history. Enjoy the panoramic views from the hilltop.
- Wellington Gymkhana Club: Visit the Wellington Gymkhana Club, a prestigious establishment with a colonial-era ambiance. Take a walk around the club’s beautiful grounds and enjoy the serene surroundings.
- Golf Course: Explore the Wellington Golf Course, one of the highest golf courses in the world. Enjoy a round of golf amidst the picturesque setting and appreciate the natural beauty.
- Shopping: In the evening, explore the local markets in Coonoor and indulge in some shopping. Coonoor is known for its tea, homemade chocolates, and handicrafts, so make sure to pick up some local specialties.
Day 04: Departure
- Departure: Check-out from your hotel and depart from Coonoor. Bid farewell to the charming hill station with cherished memories of your trip.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
What are the popular attractions to visit in Coonoor?
Coonoor offers several attractions for tourists, including Sim’s Park, Lamb’s Rock, Dolphin’s Nose, Highfield Tea Factory, Law’s Falls, and Catherine Falls.
What is the best time to visit Coonoor?
The best time to visit Coonoor is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. The monsoon season (June to September) can be rainy, while the summer months (April to June) can be slightly warm.
How do I reach Coonoor?
Coonoor is well-connected by road and rail. The nearest airport is Coimbatore International Airport (approximately 70 km away). You can take a train to Coonoor Railway Station, which is connected to major cities in South India. Road transport options include private taxis, buses, and self-drive cars.
Are there any adventure activities in Coonoor?
Coonoor offers various adventure activities, including trekking, hiking, and camping. You can explore the trekking trails in the nearby Nilgiri Mountains and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region.
Are there any tea estates to visit in Coonoor?
Yes, Coonoor is known for its tea plantations. You can visit tea estates like Highfield Tea Factory and Tea Nest to learn about the tea-making process and enjoy tea tasting sessions.
How many days are sufficient for a Coonoor tour?
A 2-3 day trip is usually sufficient to explore the main attractions of Coonoor. However, if you want to explore the surrounding areas and take part in outdoor activities, you may consider extending your stay.
Can I combine Coonoor with other nearby hill stations?
Yes, Coonoor can be combined with other popular nearby hill stations like Ooty and Kotagiri. These destinations are located in close proximity to each other, allowing you to explore multiple places during your trip.
Are there accommodations options in Coonoor?
Coonoor offers a range of accommodation options, including luxury resorts, hotels, guesthouses, and homestays. It’s advisable to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.
Is Coonoor a family-friendly destination?
Yes, Coonoor is a family-friendly destination. It offers serene surroundings, beautiful landscapes, and attractions suitable for all age groups. It’s an ideal place for a relaxing family vacation.
What should I pack for a trip to Coonoor?
It’s recommended to pack warm clothing, especially during the winter months. Comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, hats, and insect repellents are also essential. Don’t forget to carry a camera to capture the stunning views.