Vellore is a city located in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is known for its rich history, educational institutions, and cultural heritage. Here’s some information about Vellore:
- Vellore Fort: Vellore Fort is a 16th-century fortress and one of the prominent landmarks of the city. It showcases a mix of architectural styles, including Vijayanagara, Nayak, and Maratha. Within the fort complex, you’ll find the Jalakandeswarar Temple, which is a beautiful example of Dravidian architecture.
- Sripuram Golden Temple: Located in Thirumalaikodi near Vellore, the Sripuram Golden Temple is a magnificent spiritual destination. The temple is covered entirely in gold leaf and dedicated to Goddess Mahalakshmi. It attracts devotees from far and wide.
- Ratnagiri Murugan Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan, a popular deity in Tamil Nadu. It is situated atop a hill, offering panoramic views of the surrounding areas. The temple is known for its intricate architecture and hosts several religious festivals throughout the year.
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT): VIT is a prestigious educational institution in Vellore, renowned for its engineering and technology programs. The campus is sprawling and houses state-of-the-art facilities.
- Christian Medical College (CMC): CMC is a prominent medical institution in Vellore and is known for its excellence in medical education, research, and healthcare services. It has a renowned hospital that provides quality medical care to patients.
- Government Vellore Museum: The Government Vellore Museum is a treasure trove of historical artifacts, sculptures, and archaeological finds. The museum exhibits a vast collection that reflects the region’s cultural and historical heritage.
- Palar Riverside: The Palar Riverside is a serene and picturesque spot in Vellore where you can relax amidst nature. It is a popular place for picnics and offers a tranquil setting to unwind.
Apart from these attractions, Vellore also offers opportunities for shopping, particularly for traditional handicrafts, silk sarees, and jewelry. The city has bustling markets like Gandhi Road Market and Long Bazaar, where you can explore and shop for local products.
Vellore is well-connected by road, rail, and air. The nearest airport is Chennai International Airport, and the city has its own railway station. It is approximately 135 kilometers from Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu.
Overall, Vellore is a city that blends history, spirituality, education, and natural beauty, making it a compelling destination for visitors.
Vellore Sightseeing Tour
|Vellore Sightseeing Tour
|03 Nights / 04 days
|Vellore- Ratnagiri Murugan Temple – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) – Departure
|8,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Vellore
- Arrive at Vellore by air, rail, or road.
- Check-in at your hotel and relax for a while.
- Visit the Vellore Fort, a 16th-century fortress known for its impressive architecture and historical significance. Explore the various sections of the fort, including the Jalakandeswarar Temple and the Kalyana Mahal.
- In the evening, visit the Palar Riverside, a serene spot where you can enjoy a leisurely walk or picnic by the river.
- Return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 02: Vellore Temples and Museum
- After breakfast, start your day by visiting the Sripuram Golden Temple. This spiritual landmark is dedicated to Goddess Mahalakshmi and is adorned with intricate gold leaf work.
- Next, visit the Ratnagiri Murugan Temple, a popular Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Murugan. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings and seek blessings.
- Explore the Government Vellore Museum, which houses a vast collection of sculptures, artifacts, and historical items. Don’t miss the Bronze Gallery and the Numismatic Gallery.
- In the evening, you can visit the Amirthi Zoological Park, located in the Amirthi Forest. Enjoy a peaceful walk amidst nature and spot various animal species.
- Overnight stay in Vellore.
Day 03: Educational Institutions and Shopping
- After breakfast, visit the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) or Christian Medical College (CMC), two prestigious educational institutions in Vellore. Take a campus tour and learn about their achievements.
- Explore the local markets in Vellore, such as the Gandhi Road Market and Long Bazaar. Shop for traditional handicrafts, silk sarees, and souvenirs.
- Visit the Pachaiyappa’s Silks showroom, known for its wide range of silk fabrics and garments.
- In the evening, you can enjoy a boat ride at the Vellore Lake or visit the Archeological Survey of India Museum to explore its exhibits.
- Overnight stay in Vellore.
Day 04: Departure
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel.
- If time permits, you can visit the Vainu Bappu Observatory, located in the nearby town of Kavalur. It is one of the largest optical observatories in Asia.
- Depart from Vellore, either by air, rail, or road, with wonderful memories of your tour.
Note: Please note that this is just a sample itinerary, and you can customize it according to your preferences and the duration of your stay. It is always advisable to check the opening hours of attractions and plan accordingly.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What are the must-visit attractions in Vellore?
Some popular attractions in Vellore include Vellore Fort, Jalakandeswarar Temple, Vainu Bappu Observatory, Amirthi Zoological Park, and Sripuram Golden Temple.
Q2: How long does a typical sightseeing tour in Vellore last?
The duration of a sightseeing tour in Vellore can vary depending on your preferences and the number of attractions you wish to visit. A full-day tour usually lasts around 8 to 10 hours, while a half-day tour can be completed in 4 to 6 hours.
Q3: Are there any restrictions or dress codes at the attractions?
Some attractions, such as religious sites like temples and the Sripuram Golden Temple, may have dress codes and certain restrictions. It’s advisable to dress modestly and follow any specific guidelines provided by the attractions to ensure a smooth visit.
Q4: Can I take photographs at the attractions?
Photography policies may vary at different attractions in Vellore. In most places, photography is allowed, but some sites may have restrictions on using flash or tripods. It’s always best to inquire about the photography guidelines at each attraction before taking pictures.
Q5: What is the best time to visit Vellore for sightseeing?
The best time to visit Vellore for sightseeing is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, with mild temperatures and low humidity. Summers can be hot and humid, while monsoons bring heavy rainfall.
Q6: Is transportation included in sightseeing tours?
It depends on the tour package you choose. Some sightseeing tours include transportation, where a vehicle and driver are provided for the duration of the tour. Other tours may require you to arrange your own transportation to the attractions.
Q7: Can I customize my sightseeing tour in Vellore?
You can discuss your preferences and interests with the tour operator or guide and tailor the itinerary accordingly. This allows you to focus on specific attractions or add additional stops to your tour.