The Shore Temple, located in Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram), Tamil Nadu, India. It is renowned for its stunning coastal location, intricate carvings, and historical significance.
Here’s an overview of the Shore Temple tour:
The Shore Temple was constructed during the 7th century CE under the rule of the Pallava dynasty. It stands as a testament to the architectural achievements of the Pallavas and their patronage of the arts. The temple complex was once a bustling port city, and the Shore Temple served as a significant landmark along the Coromandel Coast.
The Shore Temple showcases a blend of Dravidian and Pallava architectural styles. It consists of three main shrines, with two dedicated to Lord Shiva and one to Lord Vishnu. The temple is made of granite and stands as a testament to the Pallava’s exceptional stone-carving skills and craftsmanship.
True to its name, the Shore Temple stands on the shores of the Bay of Bengal. Its location adds to its charm, providing a serene and picturesque setting. Visitors can enjoy beautiful views of the sea and witness the interplay of light and shadow on the temple’s ancient stone structures.
The two main shrines of the Shore Temple are known as the Kshatriyasimheswara Temple and the Rajasimheswara Temple. The former is dedicated to Lord Shiva and faces east, while the latter is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and faces west. The shrines are adorned with intricate carvings and sculptures depicting various deities and mythological scenes.
The carvings on the Shore Temple are a visual treat for visitors. The outer walls of the temple showcase intricate bas-relief sculptures depicting gods, goddesses, celestial beings, mythical creatures, and scenes from Hindu epics. These carvings are not only aesthetically appealing but also provide insights into the rich mythology and cultural heritage of ancient India.
Mahabalipuram Dance Festival:
The Shore Temple complex serves as the venue for the annual Mahabalipuram Dance Festival, held during January and February. Renowned classical dancers from across India perform against the backdrop of the beautifully illuminated temple, creating a mesmerizing experience of art and culture.
A visit to the Shore Temple offers a captivating journey through time, immersing visitors in the rich history and architectural splendor of ancient India. The combination of its coastal location, intricate carvings, and cultural festivities make it a must-visit destination for history enthusiasts, art lovers, and those seeking a deep connection with India’s rich cultural heritage.
Shore Temple Tour Package
|Shore Temple Tour Package
|03Nights / 04days
|Chennai- Mahabalipuram- Kanchipuram.
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Chennai
- Arrival at the nearest airport or railway station in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Meet and greet with a representative who will assist with your transfer to the hotel in Mahabalipuram.
- Check-in to the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure, exploring the local surroundings and relaxing.
Day 02:Mahabalipuram Sightseeing
- After breakfast, proceed for a full day of sightseeing in Mahabalipuram.
- Visit the famous Shore Temple, one of the oldest structural temples in South India.
- Explore the temple complex, which consists of three temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu.
- Admire the architectural brilliance of the temple and the intricate carvings depicting various mythological stories.
- Afterward, visit other attractions in Mahabalipuram, such as the Arjuna’s Penance, Pancha Rathas, and the Krishna Mandapam.
- In the evening, enjoy a leisurely walk along the Mahabalipuram Beach and witness the beautiful sunset.
- Return to the hotel and have dinner.
Day 03: Mahabalipuram Excursion
- After breakfast, you have the option to visit other nearby attractions in Mahabalipuram.
- Explore the Tiger Cave, a rock-cut cave temple known for its architectural significance.
- Visit the Crocodile Bank, a reptile conservation center where you can observe various species of crocodiles and other reptiles.
- You can also enjoy water sports activities at the beach, such as surfing or boating.
- In the evening, return to the hotel and spend leisure time exploring the local markets.
- Overnight stay in Taptapani.
Day 04: Kanchipuram- Chennai
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to visit the nearby town of Kanchipuram.
- Kanchipuram is known as the “City of Thousand Temples” and is famous for its rich cultural and religious heritage.
- Visit some of the prominent temples in Kanchipuram, such as the Ekambareswarar Temple, Kamakshi Amman Temple, and Varadharaja Perumal Temple.
- Explore the temple complexes, admire the intricate carvings, and witness the rituals and ceremonies.
- You can also explore the famous Kanchipuram silk saree shops and indulge in shopping.
- In the evening, start the return journey to Chennai.
- Upon reaching Chennai, transfer to the airport or railway station for your onward journey.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is the Shore Temple located?
A: The Shore Temple is located in Mahabalipuram (also known as Mamallapuram), a coastal town in the Kanchipuram district of Tamil Nadu, India. It is situated on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal.
Q: What is included in a typical Shore Temple tour package?
A: The specific inclusions of a Shore Temple tour package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, a typical package may include transportation to and from Mahabalipuram, accommodation, sightseeing to the Shore Temple and other nearby attractions, the services of a tour guide, and meals.
Q: How long does a Shore Temple tour package usually last?
A: The duration of a Shore Temple tour package can vary depending on the package and your preferences. It can range from a one-day tour to multiple days, allowing you to explore other historical sites and cultural attractions in Mahabalipuram.
Q: Are there any entry fees to visit the Shore Temple?
A: Yes, there is an entry fee to visit the Shore Temple. The fee may vary for Indian and foreign tourists. It is advisable to check the current entry fees with the authorities or your tour operator before visiting.
Q: Can I visit other attractions in Mahabalipuram as part of the tour package?
A: Yes, many tour packages include visits to other attractions in Mahabalipuram, such as the Pancha Rathas (Five Rathas), Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna’s Butter Ball, and the Mahabalipuram Beach. These attractions offer a chance to explore the rich architectural and cultural heritage of the region.
Q: Can I customize a Shore Temple tour package?
A: Some tour operators offer the flexibility to customize Shore Temple tour packages according to your preferences. You may be able to adjust the duration, include additional attractions or activities, or make specific arrangements based on your interests. It is advisable to inquire with the tour operator about customization options.
Q: Can I book a Shore Temple tour package online?
A: Yes, many tour operators provide the option to book Shore Temple tour packages online. You can visit their websites, select the desired package, and follow the booking process. It is recommended to choose reputable tour operators and review their cancellation and refund policies.