Police Bazar Tour Package
|Police Bazar Tour Package
|04 Nights / 05 days
|18,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Shillong
- Arrival in Shillong: Arrive at Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya, and check-in to your hotel.
- Explore Police Bazar: Begin your tour by visiting Police Bazar, the main commercial hub of Shillong. Enjoy shopping at the vibrant markets and explore various shops offering local handicrafts, traditional clothing, jewelry, and more.
- Evening at leisure: Spend the evening at your leisure, strolling around Police Bazar, trying local street food, or relaxing in a nearby cafe.
Day 02: Shillong Sightseeing
- Ward’s Lake: After breakfast, visit Ward’s Lake, a picturesque man-made lake in the heart of Shillong. Enjoy boating in the serene surroundings and take a leisurely walk around the lake.
- Don Bosco Museum: Proceed to the Don Bosco Museum, which showcases the rich culture, history, and traditions of the Northeast region. Explore the various galleries and exhibits that provide insights into the local tribes, their lifestyle, artifacts, and more.
- Shillong Peak: Drive to Shillong Peak, the highest point in Shillong, offering panoramic views of the city and the surrounding hills. Capture breathtaking photographs and enjoy the refreshing mountain air.
- Local cuisine: In the evening, savor traditional Khasi cuisine at a local restaurant, trying dishes like Jadoh (a meat and rice dish), Dohneiiong (pork curry), and Pukhlein (a sweet delicacy).
Day 03: Mawlynnong
- Mawlynnong Village: Embark on a day trip to Mawlynnong, often called “Asia’s Cleanest Village.” Explore the beautifully maintained village, known for its cleanliness and eco-friendly practices. Visit the Living Root Bridge, a unique natural bridge made of intertwined tree roots.
- Dawki River and Umngot River: Proceed to Dawki, located on the India-Bangladesh border. Take a boat ride on the crystal-clear waters of the Umngot River, known for its breathtaking beauty and the floating boats.
- Return to Shillong: Head back to Shillong in the evening and relax at your hotel.
Day 04: Shillong
- Elephant Falls: After breakfast, visit the Elephant Falls, a popular tourist attraction near Shillong. Admire the cascading waterfalls and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Laitlum Canyons: Proceed to Laitlum Canyons, located around 25 kilometers from Shillong. Experience the mesmerizing views of deep gorges, lush green valleys, and panoramic landscapes. It is often referred to as the “End of the World.”
- Evening at leisure: Spend your last evening in Shillong exploring more of Police Bazar, shopping for souvenirs, or trying out local cafes and restaurants.
Day 05: Departure
- Departure: Check out from the hotel and proceed to the airport or railway station for your onward journey.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
What is Police Bazar?
Police Bazar is a bustling commercial area located in the heart of Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya, India. It is a popular shopping and entertainment hub known for its vibrant markets, shops, restaurants, and hotels. Police Bazar offers a mix of local handicrafts, fashion boutiques, street food stalls, and a lively atmosphere.
What does the Police Bazar tour package include?
The specific inclusions of the Police Bazar tour package may vary depending on the tour operator and package you choose. Generally, the package includes transportation to and from Police Bazar, guide services, and sometimes a visit to nearby attractions. Meals and accommodation may or may not be included, depending on the package.
Can I customize the Police Bazar tour package?
Yes, many tour operators allow customization of the tour package to include your preferences. You can discuss with the tour operator if you wish to visit additional attractions, extend the duration of the tour, or include meals and accommodation. They can help tailor the package according to your needs.
What can I expect to find in Police Bazar?
In Police Bazar, you can find a wide range of products and experiences. There are shops selling traditional Khasi and Jaintia tribal handicrafts, clothing, accessories, and souvenirs. You can also explore local street markets for fresh produce, spices, and local snacks. Additionally, there are numerous restaurants, cafes, and bakeries where you can try local and international cuisines.
Are there any nearby attractions to visit along with Police Bazar?
Yes, there are several attractions near Police Bazar that you can visit. Some popular nearby attractions include Ward’s Lake, Lady Hydari Park, Don Bosco Museum, Shillong Cathedral, and the State Museum. You can inquire with the tour operator if they offer a combined tour to visit these attractions along with Police Bazar.
Is there any entry fee to visit Police Bazar?
There is no entry fee to visit Police Bazar itself. However, if you plan to visit nearby attractions, some may have entry fees that are not included in the Police Bazar tour package. It is advisable to check with the tour operator or local authorities for the current entry fees or any permits required for specific attractions.
What should I pack for the Police Bazar tour?
When packing for the Police Bazar tour, it is advisable to carry comfortable walking shoes, light and breathable clothing, a hat or cap, sunscreen, sunglasses, a small backpack, and a camera to capture the vibrant atmosphere. Additionally, you may want to bring some extra cash for shopping and dining at the local establishments.
What is the best time to visit Police Bazar?
Police Bazar can be visited throughout the year. However, the months of October to April are generally considered the best time to visit Shillong, including Police Bazar, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities. The monsoon season (June to September) may have heavy rainfall, so it’s important to be prepared for wet weather if visiting during that time.