Madhuri Lake Tour Package
The Madhuri Lake Tour offers a captivating experience in exploring the natural beauty of Madhuri Lake, also known as Shonga-Tser Lake, located in Arunachal Pradesh, India. Here’s an overview of what you can expect from this tour:
Location: Madhuri Lake is situated in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh, near the town of Tawang. It is nestled amidst the picturesque landscape of the Himalayan Mountains, surrounded by lush greenery and snow-capped peaks.
Scenic Beauty: The lake itself is a stunning natural wonder, known for its crystal-clear turquoise waters. It is believed to have been formed by an earthquake, creating a serene and peaceful environment that captivates visitors.
Bollywood Connection: Madhuri Lake gained its popular name due to its appearance in the Bollywood movie “Koyla,” featuring the renowned actress Madhuri Dixit. The lake’s scenic backdrop in the film has attracted many tourists and fans, leading to its popular reference.
Adventure Activities: The Madhuri Lake Tour offers various adventure activities for thrill-seekers. You can enjoy boating on the lake, taking in the breathtaking views while gliding across the tranquil waters. Additionally, trekking and hiking options are available in the surrounding areas, allowing you to explore the pristine natural surroundings.
Tawang Monastery: The tour often includes a visit to the nearby Tawang Monastery, one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in India and a significant cultural and religious site. It is an architectural marvel, housing ancient scriptures, valuable artifacts, and a serene atmosphere for meditation and introspection.
Local Culture and Cuisine: The Madhuri Lake Tour provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich local culture of the region. You can interact with the Monpa people, the predominant ethnic group in the area, and learn about their traditions, festivals, and way of life. Don’t miss the chance to savor delicious local cuisine, which often includes momos (dumplings) and butter tea.
Weather Considerations: Due to its high altitude location, it is essential to consider the weather conditions when planning the Madhuri Lake Tour. The region experiences cold temperatures, especially during the winter months, with the lake often freezing over. Summer months (May to September) are relatively milder and more suitable for tourism.
Madhuri Lake Tour Package
|Madhuri Lake Tour Package
|04 Night / 05 Days
|Guwahati – Ziro Valley.
|10,500/- Per Person
Day 01: Arrival in Guwahati
- Arrive at Guwahati, Assam, which is the nearest major city to Madhuri Lake.
- Transfer to your hotel and have some leisure time to relax.
- Explore the local markets or visit nearby attractions if time permits.
Day 02: Guwahati to Ziro Valley
- After breakfast, embark on a scenic drive from Guwahati to Ziro Valley in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Enjoy the picturesque landscapes and the beautiful countryside along the way.
- Arrive in Ziro Valley and check into your hotel.
- Spend the evening exploring the local surroundings or interacting with the locals.
Day 03: Exploring Ziro Valley
- Start your day with a visit to Madhuri Lake.
- Enjoy boating on the tranquil waters of the lake and take in the breathtaking views.
- Explore the surrounding hills and indulge in photography or birdwatching.
- Visit nearby attractions such as Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary or Kile Pakho for nature enthusiasts.
- Return to your hotel in Ziro Valley and have a relaxed evening.
Day 04: Local Sightseeing in Ziro Valley
- After breakfast, explore the local attractions in Ziro Valley.
- Visit the traditional villages of the Apatani Tribe and experience their unique culture and way of life
- Explore the terraced paddy fields, traditional houses, and craft centers.
- Enjoy local cuisine and interact with the friendly locals.e
- Return to your hotel and spend the evening at leisure.
Day 05: Departure from Ziro Valley
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel and depart for Guwahati.
- Bid farewell to the beautiful Ziro Valley and the memorable Madhuri Lake.
- Arrive in Guwahati and either proceed to the airport or extend your stay to explore more of the region.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Madhuri Lake located?
Madhuri Lake, also known as Shungatser Lake, is located in the Ziro Valley of Arunachal Pradesh, India. It is situated at an altitude of around 13,000 feet in the eastern Himalayas. The lake is known for its serene beauty, crystal-clear water, and surrounding picturesque landscapes. It is a popular tourist destination and a must-visit attraction in the region.
Q2: How can I reach Madhuri Lake?
To reach Madhuri Lake, one needs to first travel to Ziro Valley, which is well-connected by road and air. The nearest airport is Lilabari Airport in Assam, which is approximately 98 kilometers away from Ziro. From Ziro, you can hire a local taxi or take a shared cab to reach the starting point of the trek to Madhuri Lake. The trek to the lake usually takes around 3-4 hours, depending on your pace and fitness level. It is advisable to hire a local guide or join a guided tour for a safe and hassle-free trekking experience.
Q3: What is the best time to visit Madhuri Lake?
The best time to visit Madhuri Lake is during the summer months of April to June and the autumn months of September to October. During these months, the weather is generally pleasant, with clear skies and comfortable temperatures. The lake is usually accessible and the trekking conditions are favorable. However, it is important to note that the weather in the mountainous region can be unpredictable, and it is advisable to check the local weather conditions and plan your visit accordingly.
Q4: Is the trek to Madhuri Lake difficult?
The trek to Madhuri Lake is considered to be of moderate difficulty. It involves traversing through hilly terrain, ascending and descending slopes, and crossing streams. The total trekking distance is around 10-12 kilometers, depending on the starting point. While the trek does require a reasonable level of fitness and stamina, it is manageable for most individuals with basic trekking experience. However, it is advisable to prepare yourself physically by engaging in regular exercise and stamina-building activities prior to the trek. It is also recommended to wear comfortable trekking shoes and carry necessary trekking gear and essentials.
Q5: Are there any accommodations near Madhuri Lake?
As Madhuri Lake is located in a remote area, there are no accommodations available directly near the lake. However, you can find several accommodation options in Ziro Valley, which is the nearest town. Ziro offers a range of guesthouses, hotels, and homestays where you can stay during your visit to Madhuri Lake. It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during the peak tourist season, to ensure availability and a comfortable stay.
Q6: Are there any entry fees or permits required to visit Madhuri Lake?
Yes, there is an entry fee and permit required to visit Madhuri Lake. As the lake is located in a protected area, visitors need to obtain an Inner Line Permit (ILP) to enter Arunachal Pradesh. The ILP can be obtained online or from designated government offices. Additionally, there might be a nominal entry fee charged at the starting point of the trek. It is advisable to check the latest regulations and requirements regarding permits and fees before planning your visit to Madhuri Lake.
Q7: What should I carry during the trek to Madhuri Lake?
When trekking to Madhuri Lake, it is essential to pack appropriately and carry necessary items. Some of the recommended items to carry include trekking shoes, comfortable clothing, warm layers (including jackets and sweaters), rain gear, a hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, a water bottle, snacks, a first aid kit, and a trekking pole if desired. It is important to pack light and carry only the essentials to ensure ease during the trek. Don’t forget to carry any required permits, identification documents, and a camera to capture the beautiful moments.
Q8: Can I camp near Madhuri Lake?
Yes, camping near Madhuri Lake is possible and is a popular choice among trekkers. You can set up tents at designated camping sites near the lake. However, it is important to note that camping regulations and restrictions may be in place to preserve the natural environment. It is advisable to check with local authorities or tour operators for the latest information on camping guidelines, permits, and safety precautions. Additionally, it is important to practice responsible camping by leaving no trace, respecting the surroundings, and following any specific camping guidelines provided.
Q9: Is it possible to visit Madhuri Lake in a day trip?
While it is technically possible to visit Madhuri Lake on a day trip from Ziro, it is not recommended due to the trekking distance and the time required to fully enjoy the beauty of the lake and its surroundings. It is advisable to plan at least a 2-day trip, allowing ample time for the trek, exploring the lake area, and experiencing the natural beauty of the region. This will ensure a more relaxed and enjoyable visit to Madhuri Lake.
Q10: Are there any safety precautions to consider while visiting Madhuri Lake?
While visiting Madhuri Lake, it is important to prioritize safety and take necessary precautions. Some of the safety guidelines to consider include:
- Stay hydrated and carry an adequate water supply.
- Wear appropriate trekking shoes and clothing to ensure comfort and safety.
- Follow the instructions of your guide and adhere to trekking guidelines.
- Be cautious while trekking on uneven terrain and near water bodies.
- Carry a basic first aid kit and any necessary medications.
- Respect the natural environment and avoid littering.
- Inform your accommodation or a trusted person about your trekking plans.
It is advisable to undertake the trek with a knowledgeable guide or join a guided tour to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience at Madhuri Lake.