the natural beauty and cultural heritage of West Bengal’s hill stations. This tour package covers two of the lesser-known yet charming hill stations of West Bengal – Kalimpong and Kurseong.
Kalimpong is a picturesque town located in the Himalayan foothills. It is known for its serene atmosphere, beautiful monasteries, and stunning views of the mountains. Visitors can visit the Zang Dhok Palri Phodang Monastery, which is a popular tourist attraction, and explore the local markets for shopping. They can also enjoy the scenic beauty of the town by visiting the Deolo Hill and Rishop. Kurseong, on the other hand, is a quaint town that is located between Siliguri and Darjeeling. It is known for its tea gardens, colonial architecture, and stunning views of the mountains. Visitors can visit the Eagle’s Crag, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, and the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, which is dedicated to the famous Indian freedom fighter. They can also explore the tea gardens and take a toy train ride to experience the charm of the town.
Darjeeling Tour Package from Kolkata
Kalimpong Kurseong Tour Package
|Kalimpong Kurseong Tour Package
|03 Nights / 04 Days
|Bagdogra- Kalimpong- Kurseong.
|10,500/- Per Person+5%GST(Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Bagdogra – Transfer to Kalimpong
- Arrive at Bagdogra airport and meet the tour representative.
- Drive to Kalimpong, a peaceful hill town in West Bengal.
- Check-in at the hotel and spend the evening at leisure.
- Overnight stay in Kalimpong.
Day 02: Kalimpong Sightseeing
- After breakfast, visit the Zang Dhok Palri Phodang Monastery, which is a beautiful Buddhist monastery located on a hilltop
- After breakfast, visit the Zang Dhok Palri Phodang Monastery, which is a beautiful Buddhist monastery located on a hilltop.
- Next, visit the Dr. Graham’s Homes, which is a unique school founded by Scottish missionaries in 1900.
- In the afternoon, visit the Deolo Hill, which is a popular picnic spot that offers stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Kalimpong.
Day 03: Transfer to Kurseong – Sightseeing
- After breakfast, drive to Kurseong, another charming hill station in West Bengal.
- Check-in at the hotel and freshen up.
- In the afternoon, visit the Eagle’s Crag, which is a scenic viewpoint that offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Next, visit the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, which is a small museum dedicated to the life and achievements of the famous Indian freedom fighter.
- Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Kurseong.
- After breakfast, check-out from the hotel.
- Transfer to Bagdogra airport for your onward journey.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What is the best time to visit Kalimpong and Kurseong?
The best time to visit Kalimpong and Kurseong is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. The weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy clear skies and beautiful landscapes during this time. However, do check the weather conditions and plan accordingly as the hill stations can experience heavy rainfall during the monsoon season (June to August).
Q2: How can I reach Kalimpong and Kurseong?
Kalimpong and Kurseong are well-connected by road and can be reached by hiring a taxi or taking a shared cab from nearby cities like Siliguri or Darjeeling. The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport, which is approximately 80 kilometers away, and the nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri (NJP) Railway Station. Regular bus services are also available from nearby towns and cities.
Q3: What are the must-visit attractions in Kalimpong?
Some of the must-visit attractions in Kalimpong include:
- Deolo Hill and Park
- Dr. Graham’s Homes
- Tharpa Choling Monastery
- Mangal Dham Temple
- Delo Viewpoint
- Pine View Nursery
These attractions offer stunning views, serene ambiance, and insights into the local culture and heritage.
Q4: What are the popular activities to do in Kurseong?
Kurseong offers several activities for visitors to enjoy, such as:
- Visit the Eagle’s Crag viewpoint
- Explore the Makaibari Tea Estate
- Take a ride on the Darjeeling Toy Train
- Visit the Dow Hill Park and Forest Museum
- Explore the Giddapahar Seti Mata Temple
- Enjoy a picnic at Deer Park
These activities allow you to immerse yourself in the natural beauty and local experiences of Kurseong.
Q5: Are there any famous monasteries in Kalimpong and Kurseong?
Yes, Kalimpong and Kurseong are home to several famous monasteries where visitors can experience spirituality and admire the architectural beauty. Some of the notable monasteries include Zang Dhok Palri Phodang Monastery in Kalimpong and Giddey Pahar Sakyamuni Monastery in Kurseong. These monasteries offer a tranquil environment for meditation and provide insights into Buddhist culture and traditions.
Q6: What is the local cuisine of Kalimpong and Kurseong?
The local cuisine of Kalimpong and Kurseong is influenced by Tibetan, Nepali, and Bengali flavors. Some popular dishes to try include momos (dumplings), thukpa (noodle soup), gundruk (fermented leafy greens), sel roti (rice bread), and sandesh (Bengali sweet). Don’t forget to savor a cup of hot Darjeeling tea, which is famous worldwide.
Q7: Are there any adventure activities available in Kalimpong and Kurseong?
Yes, adventure enthusiasts can indulge in activities like trekking, paragliding, river rafting, and camping in the picturesque landscapes surrounding Kalimpong and Kurseong. There are professional adventure tour operators who offer guided tours and equipment for these activities. Make sure to check the safety guidelines and choose activities suitable for your fitness level.
Q8: Can I visit Kalimpong and Kurseong as a day trip from Darjeeling?
Yes, it is possible to visit Kalimpong and Kurseong as a day trip from Darjeeling. Both towns are located within a short distance from Darjeeling and can be reached by road. However, considering the number of attractions and activities in each place, it is recommended to allocate separate days to fully explore Kalimpong and Kurseong and experience their unique offerings.
Q9: What are the shopping options in Kalimpong and Kurseong?
Kalimpong and Kurseong offer a variety of shopping options for visitors. You can explore local markets and shops to purchase traditional handicrafts, Tibetan artifacts, woolen products, tea, spices, and souvenirs. Don’t miss visiting the Kalimpong Arts and Crafts Center and Kurseong Tourist Market for a wide range of locally made products.
Q10: Are there any special festivals celebrated in Kalimpong and Kurseong?
Yes, Kalimpong and Kurseong celebrate several festivals with great enthusiasm. Some of the popular festivals include Losar (Tibetan New Year), Durga Puja, Diwali, and Christmas. During these festivals, you can witness colorful decorations, cultural performances, and traditional rituals. It’s a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture and celebrations.