The Kalighat Kali Temple is a famous Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Kali, located in Kolkata (formerly known as Calcutta), West Bengal, India. It is one of the most revered and ancient temples in the city and holds great religious significance for devotees of Goddess Kali. Here is an overview of a Kalighat Kali Temple tour:
Location: The Kalighat Kali Temple is situated in the Kalighat area of Kolkata, near the bank of the Adi Ganga (Tolly’s Nullah) river. It is easily accessible by road and is a prominent landmark in the city.
Religious Significance: The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali, a fierce form of the divine mother and a manifestation of Shakti (divine feminine power). The temple is considered one of the 51 Shakti Peethas, where the toes of the right foot of Goddess Sati (an incarnation of the goddess) are believed to have fallen during Lord Shiva’s Tandava dance. It is a significant pilgrimage site for devotees of Goddess Kali.
Architecture: The Kalighat Kali Temple showcases traditional Bengali temple architecture. The main sanctum, known as the Garbhagriha, houses the idol of Goddess Kali. The idol is made of black stone and depicts the goddess with a fierce expression, standing on Lord Shiva’s chest. The temple complex features multiple other shrines dedicated to various deities.
Rituals and Offerings: Devotees visit the temple to offer prayers, seek blessings, and perform various rituals. The priests conduct regular puja (worship) ceremonies, including aarti (prayer ritual with lamps) and bhog (offering of food) to the goddess. Visitors can also offer flowers, fruits, and other symbolic items to the deity.
Kalipuja Festival: The Kalighat Kali Temple is especially renowned for its grand celebration of Kalipuja, also known as Diwali or Deepavali, which is dedicated to Goddess Kali. During this festival, the temple premises are beautifully decorated, and special ceremonies and cultural programs take place. The festival attracts a large number of devotees and tourists.
Ghats and Holy Tanks: The temple complex has several ghats (steps leading to the river) that descend to the Adi Ganga river. Devotees often take a dip in the holy water or perform rituals near the ghats as part of their worship. The temple is also surrounded by holy tanks, such as the Haldar Put, where devotees can offer prayers and seek blessings.
Visiting Tips: While visiting the Kalighat Kali Temple, it is advisable to dress modestly and follow the temple customs. Photography may be restricted in certain areas, so it’s important to respect the rules set by the temple authorities. The temple can get crowded, especially during festivals and auspicious days, so planning your visit accordingly is recommended.
A tour to the Kalighat Kali Temple offers a profound spiritual experience, allowing devotees to connect with the fierce form of Goddess Kali. It provides an opportunity to witness the religious fervor, participate in rituals, and soak in the vibrant cultural heritage of Kolkata. The temple holds a special place in the hearts of the locals and serves as a significant symbol of devotion and worship of Goddess Kali.
Kalighat Kali Temple Tour Package
|Kalighat Kali Temple Tour Package
|05Nights / 06days
|Kangra- Kareri Lake.
|18,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Kolkata Arrival
- Arrival in Kolkata: Arrive at Kolkata by flight or train. Check into your hotel and take some rest.
- Orientation: Familiarize yourself with the city of Kolkata, known for its rich cultural heritage and historical landmarks. Visit Victoria Memorial, a magnificent white marble structure that pays homage to Queen Victoria.
Day 02:Kalighat Kali Temple Sightseeing
- Kalighat Kali Temple Visit: Begin your day with a visit to the Kalighat Kali Temple. Seek blessings from Goddess Kali, the fierce form of Goddess Durga. Experience the vibrant and devotional atmosphere of the temple. Take part in the aarti (ritual worship) and witness the various rituals performed by the priests.
- Dakshineswar Kali Temple: Visit the Dakshineswar Kali Temple, another important temple dedicated to Goddess Kali. Explore the temple complex and admire the beautiful architecture. Pay homage to the divine mother goddess and witness the rituals conducted at the temple.
Day 03:Kolkata Excursion
- Kolkata Sightseeing: Spend the day exploring other attractions in Kolkata. Visit the iconic Howrah Bridge, an engineering marvel and a symbol of the city. Explore the bustling markets and vibrant streets of Kolkata.
- Belur Math: Visit Belur Math, the headquarters of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission. Experience the spiritual ambiance and learn about the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
Day 04: Kolkata
- Indian Museum: Explore the Indian Museum, one of the oldest and largest museums in India. Discover a vast collection of artifacts, art, and cultural exhibits that depict the history and heritage of India.
- Marble Palace: Visit the Marble Palace, a stunning mansion adorned with beautiful sculptures, paintings, and antique artifacts. Experience the opulence of the palace and learn about its history.
Day 05: Kareri Lake
- Kareri Lake Trek: Embark on a trek to Kareri Lake, located in the Dhauladhar Range. Enjoy the trek through beautiful landscapes, pine forests, and meadows. Reach Kareri Lake and marvel at its serene beauty.
Day 06: Departure
- Departure: Check out from the hotel and proceed to the airport or railway station for your onward journey with beautiful memories of your Kalighat Kali Temple tour in Kolkata.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is Kalighat Kali Temple located?
A: Kalighat Kali Temple is located in Kolkata (formerly known as Calcutta), the capital city of the state of West Bengal, India. It is situated in the Kalighat area of the city and is one of the most renowned and significant temples dedicated to the goddess Kali.
Q: What is included in a typical Kalighat Kali Temple tour package?
A: The specific inclusions of a Kalighat Kali Temple tour package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, a typical package may include transportation to and from Kolkata, accommodation, sightseeing to Kalighat Kali Temple and other important landmarks in the city, the services of a tour guide, and meals.
Q: How long does a Kalighat Kali Temple tour package usually last?
A: The duration of a Kalighat Kali Temple tour package can vary depending on the package and your preferences. It can range from a one-day tour to multiple days, allowing you to explore other temples, cultural sites, and attractions in Kolkata.
Q: Is there any dress code to enter Kalighat Kali Temple?
A: There is no strict dress code to enter Kalighat Kali Temple. However, it is advisable to dress modestly and respectfully while visiting the temple. As a mark of respect, it is common for devotees to wear traditional attire. It is important to note that during festivals or auspicious occasions, traditional attire may be more prevalent.
Q: Are there any photography restrictions inside Kalighat Kali Temple?
A: Photography is generally allowed inside Kalighat Kali Temple, but it is important to be respectful and considerate while taking photographs. It is advisable to ask for permission before taking photographs of the deity or any sacred areas. It is always good practice to follow the guidelines provided by the temple authorities.
Q: Can I visit other attractions in Kolkata as part of the tour package?
A: Yes, many tour packages include visits to other attractions in Kolkata, such as Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge, Dakshineswar Kali Temple, Indian Museum, and Park Street. These attractions offer a glimpse into the rich history, culture, and architecture of the city.
Q: Can I customize a Kalighat Kali Temple tour package?
A: Some tour operators offer the flexibility to customize Kalighat Kali Temple tour packages according to your preferences. You may be able to adjust the duration, include additional attractions or activities, or make specific arrangements based on your interests. It is advisable to inquire with the tour operator about customization options.
Q: Can I book a Kalighat Kali Temple tour package online?
A: Yes, many tour operators provide the option to book Kalighat Kali Temple tour packages online. You can visit their websites, select the desired package, and follow the booking process. It is recommended to choose reputable tour operators and review their cancellation and refund policies.