Hajo, located in the Kamrup district of Assam, India, is a historic town with religious significance. It is known for its ancient temples, sacred sites, and cultural heritage. If you’re planning a Hajo tour, here’s an overview of what you can expect:
Hayagriva Madhava Temple: The Hayagriva Madhava Temple is the most famous and significant temple in Hajo. It is dedicated to Lord Vishnu in his Hayagriva incarnation, which is believed to be the deity of knowledge and wisdom. The temple is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus and attracts devotees from different parts of the country. The architecture of the temple is noteworthy, and it has a serene ambiance that instills a sense of spirituality.
Powa Mecca: Hajo is also known for its religious diversity, and Powa Mecca is a significant example of this. It is a sacred site for Muslims and is believed to be the place where Prophet Muhammad’s footprints are imprinted on a rock. It is considered a revered site for Muslims and attracts devotees who come to offer prayers and seek blessings.
Kedareswara Temple: Another notable temple in Hajo is the Kedareswara Temple. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is believed to be one of the oldest Shiva temples in the region. The temple’s architecture showcases intricate carvings and sculptures, reflecting the rich heritage of the region.
Madan Kamdev Temple: Located near Hajo, the Madan Kamdev Temple is an ancient archaeological site that dates back to the 10th century. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its intricate sculptures depicting various mythological figures. The site is of historical and architectural importance and attracts history enthusiasts and archaeology lovers.
River Cruise: Hajo is situated on the banks of the Brahmaputra River, offering scenic views and opportunities for river cruises. You can take a boat ride along the river, enjoying the panoramic vistas of the surrounding landscapes and experiencing the tranquility of the Brahmaputra.
Local Handicrafts: Hajo is known for its skilled artisans and traditional handicrafts. You can explore the local markets and shops to find exquisite handloom textiles, pottery, bamboo crafts, and traditional Assamese jewelry. It’s a great opportunity to support local artisans and take home unique souvenirs. A tour of Hajo allows you to explore the religious and cultural heritage of Assam. It offers a blend of spirituality, architectural beauty, and natural surroundings, providing a unique and enriching experience for visitors.
Hajo Tour Package
|Hajo Tour Package
|03Nights / 04days
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Guwahati
- Arrival in Guwahati: Arrive at Guwahati Airport/Railway Station and transfer to your hotel in Guwahati.
- Visit Kamakhya Temple: Start your tour by visiting the famous Kamakhya Temple, a significant Hindu pilgrimage site dedicated to Goddess Kamakhya.
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Brahmaputra River: In the evening, take a leisurely cruise on the mighty Brahmaputra River and admire the beautiful sunset.
- Overnight stay in Guwahati.
Day 02: Guwahati- Hajo
- Guwahati to Hajo: After breakfast, embark on a scenic drive to Hajo, located approximately 30 kilometers from Guwahati.
- Hayagriva Madhava Temple: Visit the Hayagriva Madhava Temple, an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is believed to be the site where Lord Buddha attained Nirvana.
- Madan Kamdev Temple: Explore the ruins of Madan Kamdev Temple, an archaeological site known for its intricate sculptures and carvings.
- Overnight stay in Hajo.
Day 03: Hajo
- Hajo Sightseeing: Spend the day exploring the various attractions in Hajo.
- Powa Mecca: Visit Powa Mecca, a pilgrimage site that houses a mosque believed to have been built by an Iraqi prince.
- Kedareswara Temple: Explore the Kedareswara Temple, an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and a prominent place of worship in Hajo.
- Sualkuchi Village: Take a trip to Sualkuchi Village, renowned for its silk weaving industry. Witness the traditional art of weaving and shop for exquisite silk products.
- Overnight stay in Hajo.
Day 04: Guwahati
- Departure: After breakfast, check out from your hotel and proceed to Guwahati for your onward journey.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What is included in a Hajo Tour Package?
A Hajo tour package typically includes accommodation, meals, transportation, and sightseeing activities. The exact inclusions may vary depending on the package and the tour operator. It’s advisable to check the details of the package to know what is included.
Q2: How long is the duration of the Hajo tour package?
The duration of the Hajo tour package may vary depending on the chosen package. It can range from a few days to a week or more. It’s best to check with the tour operator for specific details on the duration of the package.
Q3: Are flights included in the Hajo tour package?
Flights are typically not included in the Hajo tour package. However, some tour operators may offer optional flight arrangements as part of the package. It’s recommended to check the package details or consult with the tour operator for clarification on flight inclusions.
Q4: Can I customize the Hajo tour package?
Yes, it is often possible to customize the Hajo tour package according to your preferences. Many tour operators offer flexible options to tailor the package based on your needs, such as adding extra activities, extending the duration, or modifying the itinerary. Contact the tour operator to discuss customization options.
Q5: Are entrance fees to attractions included in the package?
The inclusion of entrance fees to attractions may vary depending on the specific Hajo tour package. Some packages may include entrance fees, while others may require you to pay separately at each attraction. Review the package details or inquire with the tour operator to understand the inclusions related to entrance fees.
Q6: What is the cancellation policy for the Hajo tour package?
The cancellation policy for the Hajo tour package may vary among different tour operators. It’s essential to review the terms and conditions provided by the specific tour operator or agency. Generally, cancellation fees may apply if you cancel within a certain period before the departure date. Refer to the cancellation policy for detailed information.
Q7: Can I make changes to my itinerary during the tour?
Depending on the flexibility of the tour package, you may be able to make changes to your itinerary during the tour. However, it’s recommended to discuss any desired changes with your tour guide or tour operator beforehand to ensure feasibility and availability. Certain changes may be subject to additional costs or require advanced notice.
Q8: Is travel insurance included in the Hajo tour package?
Travel insurance is typically not included in the Hajo tour package. It is advisable to arrange for travel insurance separately to ensure coverage for any unforeseen circumstances, such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies, or loss of belongings. Contact your insurance provider or consult with the tour operator for guidance on obtaining travel insurance.
Q9: Are tour guides provided in the Hajo tour package?
Yes, most Hajo tour packages include the services of a tour guide. The tour guide will provide information about the attractions, assist with navigating the destinations, and offer insights into the local culture and history. However, it’s always a good idea to confirm with the tour operator to ensure the inclusion of tour guides in the specific package you choose.
Q10: What should I pack for the Hajo tour?
When packing for the Hajo tour, it is recommended to bring comfortable clothing suitable for the weather and activities. Additionally, consider packing essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, comfortable shoes, and any personal medications you may require. It’s also advisable to check the specific season and weather conditions in Hajo before finalizing your packing list.