Gwalior Tour Package
Gwalior is a city located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh and is famous for its rich cultural and historical heritage. The city is home to several historical monuments, temples, palaces, and museums, making it a great destination for those interested in history and culture. One of the most popular attractions in Gwalior is the Gwalior Fort, which is one of the largest forts in India. The fort is located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the city. It is also home to several palaces and temples, including the famous Sas Bahu Temple.
Another popular attraction in Gwalior is the Jai Vilas Palace, which is located in the heart of the city. The palace is famous for its European-style architecture and houses a museum that displays a collection of artifacts and memorabilia from the Scindia dynasty. For those interested in temples, the Sun Temple is a must-visit. Located on the outskirts of the city, the temple is dedicated to the Sun God and is famous for its intricate carvings and architecture. The Teli Ka Mandir, which is a temple located within the Gwalior Fort, is also a popular destination. The temple is famous for its unique architecture, which is a mix of North Indian and South Indian styles.
Gwalior is also home to several museums that showcase the city’s rich cultural and historical heritage. The Gujari Mahal Museum, located within the Gwalior Fort, displays a collection of artifacts and sculptures from the 1st and 2nd centuries. The city is also famous for its music, and the Tomb of Tansen is a popular destination for music lovers. The tomb is dedicated to the famous musician Tansen and is located in the old town of Gwalior. In addition to its historical and cultural attractions, Gwalior is also known for its shopping and cuisine. The city is famous for its handicrafts, including traditional textiles, pottery, and leatherwork. The local cuisine is a mix of Mughlai and Maratha influences and is a must-try for foodies.
Overall, Gwalior offers a fascinating glimpse into India’s rich cultural and historical heritage and is a must-visit destination for those interested in history, culture, and architecture.
Gwalior Tour Package
|Gwalior Tour Package
|03 Nights / 04 Days
|15,500/- Per Person+5%GST(Min- 6 Person)
- Arrive in Gwalior and check into your hotel.
- Start your tour by visiting the Gwalior Fort, which is one of the largest forts in India. The fort is located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the city. It is also home to several palaces and temples, including the famous Sas Bahu Temple.
- After breakfast, visit the Jai Vilas Palace, which is located in the heart of the city. The palace is famous for its European-style architecture and houses a museum that displays a collection of artifacts and memorabilia from the Scindia dynasty.
- Next, visit the Sun Temple, which is located on the outskirts of the city. The temple is dedicated to the Sun God and is famous for its intricate carvings and architecture.
- After breakfast, visit the Teli Ka Mandir, which is a temple located within the Gwalior Fort. The temple is famous for its unique architecture, which is a mix of North Indian and South Indian styles.
- Next, visit the Gujari Mahal Museum, which is located within the Gwalior Fort. The museum displays a collection of artifacts and sculptures from the 1st and 2nd centuries.
- After breakfast, visit the Tomb of Tansen, which is located in the old town of Gwalior. The tomb is dedicated to the famous musician Tansen and is a popular destination for music lovers.
- Next, visit the Scindia School, which is one of the most prestigious schools in India. The school is located on a sprawling campus and offers a glimpse into the rich history and culture of Gwalior.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What are the must-visit attractions in Gwalior?
Gwalior offers several must-visit attractions, including the magnificent Gwalior Fort, the historic Jai Vilas Palace, the sacred Saas-Bahu Temples, and the beautiful Teli Ka Mandir. Other notable attractions include the Sun Temple, the Tomb of Tansen, and the Scindia Museum. These attractions showcase the rich history, culture, and architectural brilliance of Gwalior.
Q2: How can I reach Gwalior?
Gwalior is well-connected by air, rail, and road. The city has its own airport, the Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia Airport, which is serviced by regular domestic flights. Gwalior Junction is the main railway station, with direct trains from major cities across India. Additionally, Gwalior is well-connected by road, and buses and taxis are available for transportation.
Q3: What is the best time to visit Gwalior?
The best time to visit Gwalior is during the winter months, from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. The temperatures during this time range from 10°C to 25°C, making it comfortable for exploring the attractions. However, it’s advisable to check the weather conditions before planning your visit.
Q4: Is it necessary to hire a guide for visiting Gwalior?
While it’s not necessary to hire a guide, having a knowledgeable guide can greatly enhance your experience in Gwalior. A guide can provide detailed historical and cultural insights about the attractions, share interesting stories, and take you through the hidden gems of the city. They can help you navigate the city and make the most of your visit.
Q5: Are there any shopping opportunities in Gwalior?
Yes, Gwalior offers various shopping opportunities. The city is known for its traditional textiles, including the famous Chanderi silk sarees and fabrics. You can explore the local markets and bazaars to purchase these traditional textiles, along with handicrafts, jewelry, and other souvenirs. Some popular shopping areas in Gwalior include Rajwada Market, Sarafa Bazaar, and Patankar Bazaar.
Q6: Can I visit Gwalior with my family?
Yes, Gwalior is a family-friendly destination with attractions suitable for all age groups. The Gwalior Fort offers a captivating experience for history enthusiasts, while the Jai Vilas Palace showcases grand architecture and art. Families can also enjoy visiting the Sun Temple, enjoying a boat ride in the Tighra Dam, and exploring the various museums and parks in the city.
Q7: Are there any accommodations options in Gwalior?
Yes, Gwalior offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. You can choose from luxury hotels, boutique resorts, budget guesthouses, and homestays. Many hotels are located near popular tourist attractions, ensuring convenience during your stay. It’s recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.
Q8: Can I try local cuisine in Gwalior?
Absolutely! Gwalior is known for its delicious local cuisine. Don’t miss the opportunity to try local specialties like Gwalior kebabs, Bedai, Gajak, and Mawa-Bati. You can explore local eateries and restaurants to savor the authentic flavors of Gwalior. The street food scene is also vibrant, offering a variety of snacks and sweets to tantalize your taste buds.
Q9: Is photography allowed at the tourist attractions in Gwalior?
Yes, photography is generally allowed at the tourist attractions in Gwalior. However, there might be specific restrictions or guidelines at certain locations, such as inside temples or museums. It’s advisable to follow the instructions provided by the authorities and respect the privacy and sanctity of the places you visit. It’s always a good idea to carry a camera or smartphone to capture the beautiful moments.
Q10: Are there any day trips or excursions from Gwalior?
Yes, there are several day trips or excursions you can take from Gwalior. Some popular options include visiting the historic city of Orchha, known for its architectural marvels, or exploring the ancient city of Shivpuri, with its stunning palaces and wildlife sanctuary. You can also plan a trip to the Bateshwar Temples or the beautiful Datia town, which is home to the famous Datia Palace.