Gandikota is a beautiful and historic village in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh, India. Known for its stunning canyon and historic fort, it’s a popular tourist destination. Here is a sample Gandikota tour itinerary:
|02 Night / 03 Days
|Gandikota – Gandikota Fort – Gandikota Canyon – Belum Caves – Gandikota
|6,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 person applicable)
Day 1: Arrive in Gandikota
- Arrive in Gandikota and check into your hotel or resort.
- Take a guided tour of the Gandikota Fort, a magnificent structure built in the 13th century by the Kalyani Chalukya dynasty. Admire the intricate carvings and stone architecture, and learn about the fort’s history.
- Explore the nearby Ranganatha Swamy Temple, a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Enjoy a sunset hike to the Gandikota Canyon, which offers breathtaking views of the Penna River and the surrounding landscape.
Day 2: Visit the Belum Caves
- Start the day with a sunrise hike to the canyon for some amazing photo opportunities.
- Visit the nearby Belum Caves, one of the longest and largest cave systems in India. Marvel at the stunning formations and underground rivers.
- Take a walk through the local village to experience the daily life of the residents and shop for handmade souvenirs.
- Return to your hotel and relax for the rest of the evening.
Day 3: Return to Gandikota
- Visit the nearby Mylavaram Dam, a popular spot for picnics and boating.
- Take a drive to the nearby historic city of Kadapa and explore the many temples, forts, and museums.
- Return to Gandikota and enjoy a farewell dinner before departing.
Note: This is just a sample itinerary and can be customized according to your preferences and budget.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Gandikota located?
A1: Gandikota is located in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is situated on the banks of the Penna River and is often referred to as the “Grand Canyon of India.”
Q2: What is the best time to visit Gandikota?
A2: The best time to visit Gandikota is during the winter months from October to March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities. It is advisable to avoid visiting during the summer months (April to June) due to the scorching heat.
Q3: How can I reach Gandikota?
A3: Gandikota can be reached by road from various cities in Andhra Pradesh and neighboring states. The nearest airport is Tirupati Airport, located approximately 200 kilometers away. The nearest railway station is Muddanuru Railway Station, which is about 26 kilometers from Gandikota.
Q4: What are the popular attractions to visit in Gandikota?
A4: Gandikota is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and historical sites. The popular attractions include the Gandikota Fort, Ranganatha Swamy Temple, Madhavaraya Temple, and the breathtaking gorge views from the fort walls.
Q5: Are there any accommodation options in Gandikota?
A5: Yes, there are accommodation options available in Gandikota. You can find guesthouses, resorts, and camping facilities near the Gandikota Fort. It’s recommended to book in advance, especially during weekends and holidays, as the availability may be limited.
Q6: What are the popular activities to do in Gandikota?
A6: Gandikota offers a range of activities for visitors. You can explore the Gandikota Fort and its architectural wonders, enjoy hiking and trekking in the surrounding hills, indulge in photography of the scenic landscapes, and experience a serene boat ride on the Penna River.
Q7: Is there an entry fee to visit Gandikota?
A7: There is no entry fee to visit Gandikota. However, certain activities or specific areas within the fort may have separate charges, such as boating or guided tours. It’s advisable to check for any applicable fees beforehand.
Q8: Can I camp overnight in Gandikota?
A8: Yes, camping overnight in Gandikota is a popular option for adventure enthusiasts. You can bring your camping gear or rent it from local providers. Camping allows you to experience the tranquility of the place and witness the beautiful sunrise and sunset over the gorge.
Q9: Are there any food options available in Gandikota?
A9: Yes, there are food options available near Gandikota. You can find small eateries and food stalls offering local Andhra cuisine and snacks. However, it’s advisable to carry some food and water supplies, especially if you plan to spend a significant amount of time exploring the area.
Q10: What are the nearby attractions to visit from Gandikota?
A10: There are several nearby attractions that can be visited from Gandikota. Some popular ones include Belum Caves (known for its underground chambers and stalactite formations), Ahobilam (famous for the Narasimha Swamy Temple), and Yaganti (known for its ancient Veerabhadra Swamy Temple).