The Eklingji Temple is a renowned Hindu temple located in the town of Eklingji, near Udaipur in Rajasthan, India. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, it is one of the most significant and revered temples in the region. Here’s an overview of what you can expect during a tour of the Eklingji Temple:
Location and Accessibility: The Eklingji Temple is located approximately 22 kilometers from Udaipur, a popular tourist destination in Rajasthan. It is easily accessible by road, and many local tour operators offer guided tours to the temple.
Religious Significance: The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, specifically in the form of Eklingji, which is believed to be the ruling deity of the Mewar region. The temple holds immense religious significance for devotees, especially the royal families of Mewar. It is considered one of the main pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan.
Architectural Marvel: The Eklingji Temple is renowned for its architectural splendor. Built in the 15th century, the temple showcases intricate carvings, mesmerizing sculptures, and detailed craftsmanship. The main temple complex comprises several smaller temples and pillars adorned with beautiful artwork.
Murtis (Idols): The temple houses a 50-foot high idol of Lord Shiva, carved out of black marble. The four-faced idol is considered highly auspicious and represents various aspects of Lord Shiva. The temple also houses idols of Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Kartikeya, among others.
Rituals and Festivals: The Eklingji Temple is known for its elaborate rituals and religious ceremonies. Daily aarti (prayer) and bhajans (devotional songs) are performed by the priests, creating a spiritually uplifting atmosphere. The temple comes alive during festivals like Maha Shivaratri, Holi, and Diwali, when devotees from far and wide gather to seek blessings and participate in the festivities.
Peaceful Ambiance: The Eklingji Temple is set amidst the Aravalli Hills, offering a serene and tranquil environment for devotees and visitors. The beautiful surroundings, the sound of temple bells, and the aroma of incense create a peaceful ambiance that is conducive to meditation and spiritual contemplation.
Nearby Attractions: While visiting the Eklingji Temple, you can also explore other nearby attractions. The picturesque city of Udaipur is known for its stunning palaces, lakes, and cultural heritage. You can visit attractions like the City Palace, Lake Pichola, and Jag Mandir Palace, which are located in close proximity to Eklingji.
Shopping and Local Cuisine: After paying your respects at the temple, you can explore the local markets in Eklingji and Udaipur to shop for traditional Rajasthani handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs. Additionally, you can savor the flavors of Rajasthani cuisine in the local restaurants, trying dishes like dal baati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and Rajasthani thali.
A tour of the Eklingji Temple provides a spiritual and cultural experience, allowing you to witness the architectural grandeur, participate in religious rituals, and soak in the peaceful ambiance of the temple. It is a must-visit destination for devotees, architecture enthusiasts, and those seeking a deeper connection with Hindu spirituality.
Eklingji Temple Tour Package
|Eklingji Temple Tour Package
|03Nights / 04days
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Udaipur
- Arrival in Udaipur: Arrive in Udaipur, which is the nearest major city to Eklingji Temple. Check-in to your hotel and take some rest.
- City Palace and Lake Pichola: In the afternoon, visit the magnificent City Palace, located on the banks of Lake Pichola. Explore the palace complex and enjoy panoramic views of the city and the lake.
- Boat Ride on Lake Pichola: Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola and admire the scenic beauty of the lake and its surroundings. Visit Jag Mandir and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
- Overnight stay in Udaipur.
Day 02:Eklingji- Udaipur
- Eklingji Temple: Start your day by visiting the Eklingji Temple, located in Eklingji village, approximately 22 kilometers from Udaipur. Eklingji Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the most revered temples in Rajasthan. Attend the morning aarti (prayer ceremony) and immerse yourself in the spiritual ambiance.
- Nagda Temple Complex: After visiting Eklingji Temple, explore the nearby Nagda Temple Complex. Admire the intricately carved temples dating back to the 10th century.
- Return to Udaipur: Return to Udaipur in the afternoon and spend some leisure time exploring the local markets or visiting other attractions like Saheliyon-ki-Bari or the Vintage Car Museum.
- Overnight stay in Udaipur.
Day 03: Udaipur Sightseeing
- Optional Activities: Depending on your interests, you can choose from various optional activities in Udaipur, such as a heritage walk through the old city, a visit to the Sajjangarh Palace (Monsoon Palace) for sunset views, or a cultural show in the evening.
- Explore Udaipur: Spend the day exploring the beautiful city of Udaipur at your own pace. You can visit attractions like the Jagdish Temple, Bagore Ki Haveli, or take a stroll through the colorful bazaars.
- Sunset Boat Ride: In the evening, enjoy a sunset boat ride on Lake Pichola and witness the mesmerizing colors of the sky reflecting on the lake.
- Overnight stay in Udaipur.
Day 04: Departure
- Departure: Check out from your hotel and depart from Udaipur. You can either return to your onward destination or extend your trip to explore other nearby attractions in Rajasthan, such as Jodhpur or Mount Abu.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Eklingji Temple located?
A1: Eklingji Temple is located in the town of Kailashpuri, around 22 kilometers north of Udaipur city in the state of Rajasthan, India.
Q2: What is the significance of Eklingji Temple?
A2: Eklingji Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is considered one of the most revered Hindu temples in Rajasthan. It is believed to have been established in the 8th century and holds great religious and historical importance.
Q3: Are there any tour packages available for Eklingji Temple?
A3: Yes, several tour operators and travel agencies offer tour packages that include Eklingji Temple as part of their itinerary. These packages often cover other popular attractions in Udaipur and nearby areas.
Q4: What are the typical inclusions in an Eklingji Temple tour package?
A4: The specific inclusions may vary depending on the tour package and operator, but generally, an Eklingji Temple tour package may include accommodation, transportation, sightseeing to Eklingji Temple and other nearby attractions, the services of a guide, and meals as specified in the package.
Q5: How long does a typical Eklingji Temple tour package last?
A5: The duration of a tour package can vary depending on the itinerary and your preferences. A standard package may range from 2 to 5 days, allowing you to explore Eklingji Temple and other notable places in and around Udaipur.
Q6: What are some other attractions near Eklingji Temple?
A6: Udaipur, the city closest to Eklingji Temple, offers several attractions such as City Palace, Lake Pichola, Jag Mandir, Saheliyon-ki-Bari, and the Bagore Ki Haveli Museum. Additionally, you can visit the nearby temples of Nagda, Nathdwara, and Ranakpur, which are popular among tourists.
Q7: How can I book an Eklingji Temple tour package?
A7: You can book an Eklingji Temple tour package through various travel agencies, tour operators, or online travel platforms. Compare different packages, check the itineraries, prices, and reviews before making a booking. It’s also a good idea to confirm the inclusions and terms and conditions before finalizing your reservation.
Q8: When is the best time to visit Eklingji Temple?
A8: The best time to visit Eklingji Temple is during the winter season, from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and suitable for sightseeing. Summers in Rajasthan can be quite hot, so it’s advisable to avoid visiting during that time.
Q9: Are there any specific dress code requirements for visiting Eklingji Temple?
A9: Yes, visitors to Eklingji Temple are required to dress modestly. It is recommended to wear clothes that cover the shoulders, chest, and knees. Avoid wearing shorts, sleeveless tops, or revealing attire out of respect for the religious sanctity of the temple.
Q10: Can I take photographs inside Eklingji Temple?
A10: Photography is generally allowed inside Eklingji Temple, but it’s advisable to check with the temple authorities or your guide regarding any specific restrictions or guidelines related to photography.