Sabarimala Temple Tour Package
The Shore Temple, located in Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram), Tamil Nadu, India, one of the most prominent architectural marvels of South India. It is known for its unique coastal location, intricate carvings, and its historical significance as a representation of ancient Pallava architecture.
Here’s an overview of the Shore Temple tour:
History and Significance:
The Shore Temple was built during the 7th century CE by the Pallava dynasty. It is believed to have been part of a larger complex of temples and structures that served as a port city. The temple holds immense historical and cultural significance, as it reflects the architectural prowess of the Pallava dynasty and provides insights into the maritime trade and cultural exchange of that era.
The Shore Temple exhibits the Dravidian style of architecture, characterized by its pyramid-shaped towers (vimanas) and intricate sculptures. It consists of two main shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu, with smaller shrines and sculptures adorning the complex. The temple is built with blocks of granite and showcases the remarkable craftsmanship of the Pallava artisans.
The Shore Temple gets its name due to its location on the shores of the Bay of Bengal. Its proximity to the sea has exposed it to the elements over the centuries, contributing to its weathered appearance. The temple offers stunning views of the ocean and provides a serene and picturesque setting for visitors.
Three Temples Complex:
Originally, the Shore Temple complex consisted of three temples, but only two remain today. The main shrine, dedicated to Lord Shiva (known as Kshatriyasimheswara), stands tall with its intricately carved sculptures and a towering vimana. The second shrine, dedicated to Lord Vishnu (known as Rajasimheswara), is relatively smaller but equally impressive in its architectural beauty.
The temple is renowned for its exquisite carvings, which depict various deities, mythological scenes, and celestial beings. The sculptures on the outer walls of the temple display intricate detailing and expressively capture the emotions and stories from Hindu mythology. The carvings are a testament to the exceptional craftsmanship and artistic skills of the Pallava artisans.
Mahabalipuram Dance Festival:
The Shore Temple complex is also the venue for the annual Mahabalipuram Dance Festival, held from December to January. During this festival, renowned classical dancers from across India showcase their talent against the backdrop of the beautifully lit temple, adding a vibrant cultural dimension to the site.
A visit to the Shore Temple offers a captivating journey into the rich architectural heritage of South India. The blend of history, art, and the stunning coastal backdrop make it a must-visit destination for history enthusiasts, art lovers, and anyone seeking a glimpse into the glorious past of the Pallava dynasty.
Sabarimala Temple Tour Package
|Sabarimala Temple Tour Package
|03Nights / 04days
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Kochi
- Arrival at the nearest airport or railway station in Kochi, Kerala.
- Meet and greet with a representative who will assist with your transfer to the hotel in Sabarimala or a nearby town like Pathanamthitta.
- Check-in to the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure, preparing for the pilgrimage and getting acquainted with the surroundings.
Day 02:Sabarimala Sightseeing
- Early morning, wake up and get ready for the Sabarimala pilgrimage.
- Begin the journey towards Sabarimala, located in the Periyar Tiger Reserve.
- Start the trek from the base camp (Pampa or Nilackal, depending on the chosen route).
- Follow the traditional path through the dense forest, observing the strict rituals and customs associated with the pilgrimage.
- Trek along the well-defined trails, stopping at designated rest areas along the way.
- Reach Sabarimala and have a darshan (holy glimpse) of Lord Ayyappa, the presiding deity of the temple.
- Seek blessings and participate in the prayers and rituals.
- After the darshan, you can spend some time exploring the temple complex and its surroundings.
- In the evening, you can attend the evening Aarti and experience the spiritual ambiance of the temple.
- Stay overnight in the designated accommodation facilities provided by the temple authorities.
Day 03: Sabarimala Excursion
- Wake up early morning and attend the morning rituals and Aarti at the temple.
- Afterward, begin the descent from Sabarimala back to the base camp.
- Trek through the forest and follow the same route back to Pampa or Nilackal.
- Reach the base camp and transfer to a hotel in Sabarimala or a nearby town for rest and relaxation.
- Spend the rest of the day at leisure, reflecting on the pilgrimage experience and exploring the local surroundings.
- You can also visit nearby attractions such as the Pathanamthitta town or the Periyar Tiger Reserve.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04: Kochi
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed for the return journey to Kochi.
- Upon reaching Kochi, you have the option to explore the city’s attractions, such as the Fort Kochi area, the Chinese Fishing Nets, Mattancherry Palace, and the famous Jewish Synagogue.
- Indulge in shopping for local handicrafts and spices.
- In the evening, you can enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance or a boat ride in the backwaters of Kerala.
- Transfer to the airport or railway station in Kochi for your onward journey.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is Sabarimala Temple located?
A: Sabarimala Temple is located in the Periyar Tiger Reserve in the Western Ghat mountain ranges of Pathanamthitta district, Kerala, India.
Q: What is included in a typical Sabarimala Temple tour package?
A: The specific inclusions of a Sabarimala Temple tour package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, a typical package may include transportation to and from the base camp (Pampa or Nilackal), accommodation, assistance with the pilgrimage procedures, the services of a guide, and meals.
Q: How long does a Sabarimala Temple tour package usually last?
A: The duration of a Sabarimala Temple tour package depends on the pilgrimage period and your preferences. The temple is open for worship during specific times, such as the annual Mandala Pooja and Makaravilakku season, which usually lasts around 41 to 61 days. Pilgrims typically spend a few days for the pilgrimage, including the trek to the temple and the rituals associated with it.
Q: Are there any specific requirements for visiting Sabarimala Temple?
A: Yes, Sabarimala Temple has certain requirements for visitors. Only males between the ages of 10 and 50 are permitted to enter the temple as per tradition. Pilgrims are required to observe a 41-day period of austerity, including following a vegetarian diet, practicing celibacy, and abstaining from alcohol and tobacco. Additionally, pilgrims need to carry a valid entry pass (Virtual Queue) and wear the traditional attire of black dhoti and shirt.
Q: Can I customize a Sabarimala Temple tour package?
A: While the pilgrimage to Sabarimala Temple follows specific traditions and procedures, some tour operators may offer customization options for the rest of your trip. This can include adjusting the duration, adding visits to nearby attractions, or incorporating specific services based on your preferences. It is recommended to inquire with the tour operator about customization options.
Q: Can I book a Sabarimala Temple tour package online?
A: Yes, many tour operators provide the option to book Sabarimala Temple tour packages online. You can visit their websites, select the desired package, and follow the booking process. It is important to choose reputable tour operators and review their cancellation and refund policies.
Q: Are there any restrictions or guidelines for photography at Sabarimala Temple?
A: Photography and videography are generally not allowed inside the sanctum sanctorum of Sabarimala Temple. It is advisable to respect the sacredness of the place and adhere to the guidelines provided by the temple authorities regarding photography and other restrictions.