Ramanagara is a picturesque town located in the state of Karnataka, India. It is known for its scenic beauty, rocky terrain, and historical significance. Ramanagara has gained fame as the filming location for the iconic Bollywood movie “Sholay.” Here’s an overview of a tour to Ramanagara:
Location: Ramanagara is situated approximately 50 kilometers (31 miles) southwest of Bangalore, making it easily accessible from the city. It is surrounded by hills and rocky outcrops, creating a unique and dramatic landscape.
Sholay Connection: Ramanagara gained popularity as the shooting location for the Bollywood blockbuster movie “Sholay.” The rocky hills of Ramanagara were featured prominently in the film, and visitors can explore the iconic “Sholay Rocks” where many memorable scenes were filmed. It’s a must-visit spot for movie buffs and fans of Indian cinema.
Rock Climbing and Trekking: Ramanagara is a haven for adventure enthusiasts. The rocky terrain offers excellent opportunities for rock climbing and trekking. There are various routes and trails that cater to both beginners and experienced climbers. Trekking to the top of the hills provides stunning panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
Silk Industry: Ramanagara is known for its silk industry. The town is famous for the production of high-quality silk sarees and fabrics. Visitors can explore silk farms, interact with silk weavers, and witness the intricate process of silk production. It’s an opportunity to learn about the rich tradition of silk weaving in the region.
Wildlife and Nature: Ramanagara is surrounded by natural beauty and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. The town is located close to the Bannerghatta National Park, which is known for its wildlife safari and conservation efforts. Visitors can spot various species of animals, including tigers, lions, elephants, and deer.
Ramadevara Betta: Ramadevara Betta is a famous hill located in Ramanagara, named after the Hindu deity Lord Rama. The hill is home to the Ramalingeshwara Temple, a centuries-old temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Visitors can climb to the top of the hill, visit the temple, and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
Rural Life and Culture: Ramanagara offers a glimpse into the rural life and culture of Karnataka. Visitors can explore the nearby villages, interact with the locals, and experience the traditional way of life. The region is known for its agricultural practices, handicrafts, and folk art forms.
A tour to Ramanagara allows you to immerse yourself in the natural beauty, adventure activities, and cultural heritage of the region. Whether you’re a nature lover, adventure seeker, or cultural enthusiast, Ramanagara offers a diverse range of experiences that will leave you captivated and inspired.
Ramanagara Tour Package
|Ramanagara Tour Package
|03 Nights / 04 days
|Dehradun- Mussoorie- Ramanagara.
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Dehradun
- Arrive at Dehradun or Mussoorie and proceed to Landour, which is located approximately 35 kilometers from Dehradun and 6 kilometers from Mussoorie.
- Exploring Ramadevara Betta: Start your tour by visiting Ramadevara Betta, a famous hill in Ramanagara known for its picturesque views and ancient temples. Enjoy trekking to the top and take in the panoramic vistas.
- Visit Janapada Loka: Head to Janapada Loka, a cultural center that showcases the traditional folk art, music, and dance forms of Karnataka. Explore the museum and attend live performances.
- Silk Farm Visit: Ramanagara is known for its silk production. Visit a silk farm to learn about the silk-making process, from rearing silkworms to weaving beautiful silk sarees.
- Back to the hotel: Return to your hotel and relax for the evening.
Day 02: Ramnagaram Sightseeing
- Breakfast at the hotel: Start your day with a delicious breakfast at the hotel.
- Savandurga Trek: Embark on a trek to Savandurga, the largest monolithic hill in Asia. Enjoy the thrilling hike to the peak and admire the stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Manchinbele Dam: Visit Manchinbele Dam, a popular picnic spot near Ramanagara. Enjoy water activities like swimming, boating, and kayaking in the serene reservoir.
- Ramnagaram Caves: Explore the ancient caves of Ramnagaram, which served as the shooting location for the famous Bollywood movie “Sholay.” Marvel at the unique rock formations and the scenic beauty around.
- Return to the hotel: Return to your hotel and relax for the evening.
Day 03:Ramanagara Exploration
- Breakfast at the hotel: Enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel.
- Wildlife Safari at Bannerghatta National Park: Take a day trip to Bannerghatta National Park, located near Ramanagara. Embark on a thrilling wildlife safari and spot various animals like tigers, lions, elephants, and bears.
- Visit Kanva Reservoir: Head to Kanva Reservoir, a serene water body surrounded by lush greenery. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the lakeside or go boating to relax amidst nature.
- Shopping in Ramanagara: Explore the local markets in Ramanagara and indulge in some shopping. Look for traditional silk products, handicrafts, and souvenirs to take back home.
- Departure: After a memorable tour of Ramanagara, check-out from the hotel and proceed to your onward destination.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Ramanagara located?
A1: Ramanagara is a town located in the Ramanagara district of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is situated approximately 50 kilometers (31 miles) southwest of Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka.
Q2: What is Ramanagara known for?
A2: Ramanagara is known for its scenic beauty and rock formations, making it a popular destination for rock climbing and outdoor activities. It gained international fame as the shooting location for the iconic Bollywood movie “Sholay.”
Q3: Can I visit the shooting locations of “Sholay” in Ramanagara?
A3: Yes, you can visit the shooting locations of “Sholay” in Ramanagara. Many of the rock formations and landscapes featured in the movie can be explored and recognized by fans. The popular locations include the Ramadevara Betta hill, which was the backdrop for the fictional village of Ramgarh in the movie.
Q4: Are there any adventure activities available in Ramanagara?
A4: Yes, Ramanagara is a popular destination for adventure activities, particularly rock climbing. The unique rock formations in the area provide an excellent opportunity for rock climbing enthusiasts. There are adventure clubs and trained instructors who organize rock climbing activities for both beginners and experienced climbers.
Q5: Can I go hiking in Ramanagara?
A5: Yes, Ramanagara offers several hiking trails that allow visitors to explore the scenic beauty of the region. Ramadevara Betta is a popular hiking spot, offering panoramic views from the top. Other hills and trails in the area provide opportunities for nature walks and hiking.
Q6: Are there any wildlife sanctuaries or nature reserves in Ramanagara?
A6: Yes, Ramanagara is home to a few wildlife sanctuaries and nature reserves. The Bannerghatta National Park, located near Ramanagara, is known for its diverse flora and fauna. Visitors can enjoy wildlife safaris, bird watching, and nature trails in these protected areas.
Q7: Are there any historical or cultural attractions in Ramanagara?
A7: While Ramanagara is primarily known for its natural beauty and adventure activities, there are a few historical and cultural attractions to explore. The Rangarayana Doddi Fort and Janapada Loka (Folk Culture World) are popular sites that showcase the region’s history and cultural heritage.
Q8: Can I visit Ramanagara as a day trip from Bangalore?
A8: Yes, Ramanagara can be easily visited as a day trip from Bangalore. It is located within a reasonable driving distance, making it a convenient destination for a day outing. You can explore the attractions, enjoy adventure activities, and return to Bangalore on the same day.
Q9: Are there any accommodation options available in Ramanagara?
A9: Ramanagara offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets. There are resorts, guesthouses, and hotels available in and around the town. It is advisable to book in advance, especially during weekends or peak tourist seasons.
Q10: Is it possible to rent equipment for adventure activities in Ramanagara?
A10: Yes, there are adventure activity organizers and equipment rental providers in Ramanagara. If you plan to engage in rock climbing or other adventure activities, you can rent equipment such as harnesses, helmets, and climbing gear from these providers. It is recommended to inquire about the availability and rental charges in advance.