Rajaji National Park is a renowned national park located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is spread across an area of approximately 820 square kilometers and encompasses the Shivalik ranges of the Himalayas. The park is named after C. Rajagopalachari, the first Governor-General of India.
Here is an overview of the Rajaji National Park Tour Package:
Wildlife Diversity: Rajaji National Park is known for its rich biodiversity and is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. The park is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts, as it provides a habitat for several endangered species including the Bengal tiger, Asian elephant, leopard, Himalayan black bear, and many more. It is also a significant birding destination with over 315 bird species, making it a paradise for birdwatchers.
Safari Experience: A tour of Rajaji National Park offers thrilling wildlife safaris, allowing visitors to explore the park’s diverse ecosystems and encounter its majestic inhabitants. Jeep safaris are popular, providing an opportunity to traverse through the forested areas and catch glimpses of the wildlife in their natural habitat.
Elephant Safaris: Another unique experience offered in Rajaji National Park is the elephant safari. Riding atop trained elephants, visitors can venture deep into the park’s interiors, offering a different perspective and the chance to spot elusive animals.
Scenic Landscapes: Rajaji National Park is blessed with breathtaking landscapes that range from dense forests to river valleys. The park is intersected by the Ganges and its tributaries, creating picturesque vistas. The combination of lush greenery, rolling hills, and meandering rivers makes the park a visual delight.
Adventure Activities: Apart from wildlife safaris, Rajaji National Park also offers various adventure activities for adrenaline seekers. These include river rafting, trekking, birdwatching walks, and camping, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the natural beauty of the park while indulging in thrilling experiences.
Cultural Significance: The park is not only a haven for wildlife but also holds cultural significance. It is located in the foothills of the Himalayas, which are considered sacred by Hindus. The region is dotted with temples and ashrams, adding a spiritual element to the tour.
Accessibility: Rajaji National Park is well-connected and easily accessible from major cities like Dehradun and Haridwar. The proximity to these cities makes it convenient for tourists to include a visit to the park in their itinerary while exploring the surrounding areas.
Conservation Efforts: Rajaji National Park is actively involved in conservation efforts and is a designated Tiger Reserve. It plays a crucial role in preserving the ecosystem and protecting endangered species, making it an important center for wildlife conservation.
Rajaji National Park Tour Package
|Rajaji National Park Tour Package
|05 Nights / 06 days
|Dehradun- Rajaji National Park.
|18,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Dehradun
- Arrival in Dehradun: Arrive at Dehradun, which is the nearest major city to Rajaji National Park. You can choose to either fly to Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport or take a train to Dehradun, depending on your preferences.
- Transfer to Rajaji National Park: From Dehradun, you will be transferred to Rajaji National Park. The journey takes approximately 1-2 hours by road, offering scenic views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Check-in and Rest: Upon reaching Rajaji National Park, check-in to your pre-booked jungle resort or camp. Rest and relax after your journey.
Day 02: Jeep Safari
- Jeep Safari: Start your day with an exciting jeep safari in Rajaji National Park. Embark on a wildlife adventure as you explore the diverse flora and fauna of the park. Keep your eyes peeled for sightings of elephants, tigers, leopards, deer, and various bird species. Your experienced guide will provide insights into the wildlife and their habitats.
Day 03:Elephant Safari and Nature Walk
- Elephant Safari and Nature Walk: On this day, enjoy a thrilling elephant safari in Rajaji National Park. Ride on the back of a majestic elephant and venture deeper into the park, offering unique opportunities to observe wildlife in their natural habitat. Later, go for a guided nature walk to explore the park on foot, accompanied by a knowledgeable naturalist who will share interesting facts about the flora and fauna.
Day 04:Visit Chilla Range
- Visit Chilla Range: Take a trip to the Chilla Range of Rajaji National Park, which is known for its scenic beauty and wildlife. Enjoy a boat ride on the river Ganges, which flows through the park, and observe the diverse birdlife along the riverbanks. You can also visit the famous Haridwar, located nearby, and witness the evening Ganga Aarti ceremony on the banks of the river.
Day 05:Wildlife Photography and Birdwatching
- Wildlife Photography and Birdwatching: Spend the day indulging in wildlife photography and birdwatching in Rajaji National Park. Capture stunning shots of animals in their natural surroundings and capture the vibrant bird species found in the park. The park offers a wide variety of flora and fauna, providing ample opportunities for nature and wildlife enthusiasts.
Day 06:Return to Dehradun
- Return to Dehradun and Departure: After breakfast, bid farewell to Rajaji National Park and drive back to Dehradun. Once you reach Dehradun, you can catch your return flight or train, concluding your Rajaji National Park tour package.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Where is Rajaji National Park located?
- Rajaji National Park is located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It spans across the districts of Haridwar, Dehradun, and Pauri Garhwal.
What is the best time to visit Rajaji National Park?
- The best time to visit Rajaji National Park is from November to June. During this period, the weather is pleasant, and you have a higher chance of spotting wildlife. The park remains closed during the monsoon season from July to October.
How can I reach Rajaji National Park?
- The nearest airport to Rajaji National Park is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is about 21 kilometers away. The closest railway station is Haridwar Junction, approximately 8 kilometers from the park. You can hire a taxi or take a bus from these points to reach the park.
Are there accommodation facilities inside the park?
- Yes, there are accommodation facilities available inside Rajaji National Park. The park offers forest rest houses and cottages for visitors. It is advisable to make prior reservations for these accommodations.
What activities can I do in Rajaji National Park?
- Rajaji National Park offers various activities for visitors, including wildlife safaris, birdwatching, nature walks, and trekking. You can also enjoy camping and picnicking at designated areas within the park.
Can I spot wildlife in Rajaji National Park?
- Yes, Rajaji National Park is home to a diverse range of wildlife. You can spot animals like elephants, tigers, leopards, deer, bears, monkeys, and numerous bird species. However, the sighting of wildlife is dependent on various factors, including luck and the time of your visit.
Are there any entry fees for visiting Rajaji National Park?
- Yes, there is an entry fee for visiting Rajaji National Park. The fees vary for Indian and foreign nationals. Additionally, charges are applicable for vehicles entering the park.
Are there any safari options available in the park?
- Yes, Rajaji National Park offers jungle safaris to explore the wilderness. You can opt for Jeep safaris or elephant safaris, which are organized by the forest department. These safaris provide an opportunity to get closer to wildlife and enhance your overall experience.
Is it necessary to hire a guide while visiting the park?
- It is highly recommended to hire a guide or take along a naturalist while visiting Rajaji National Park. They have extensive knowledge about the park, its wildlife, and can help you spot animals and understand their behavior better.
Are there any rules and regulations to follow inside the park?
- Yes, there are certain rules and regulations to follow while visiting Rajaji National Park. These include maintaining silence, not littering, not feeding animals, and staying within designated areas. It is important to respect the park’s rules to ensure the safety of wildlife and maintain the ecological balance.