Port Blair Sightseeing Tour
The Port Blair Sightseeing Tour offers a comprehensive exploration of the capital city of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Port Blair. Here’s an overview of what you can expect from this tour:
Cellular Jail: The tour typically includes a visit to the Cellular Jail, also known as Kālā Pānī. This historic building served as a colonial-era prison during British rule and now stands as a national memorial. It offers insights into the region’s freedom struggle and houses a museum that showcases the lives of political prisoners.
Anthropological Museum: The Anthropological Museum is a fascinating stop on the tour, providing a glimpse into the rich indigenous cultures and tribes of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The museum displays artifacts, photographs, and exhibits that shed light on the lifestyle, customs, and traditions of these tribes.
Samudrika Naval Marine Museum: This museum is run by the Indian Navy and aims to create awareness about the region’s marine biodiversity. It houses an impressive collection of coral reefs, shells, and marine life specimens, providing an educational and interactive experience for visitors.
Chatham Saw Mill: The Chatham Saw Mill is one of the oldest and largest sawmills in Asia. It offers a unique insight into the history of timber processing and the role it played in the development of the Andaman Islands. The mill also has a small museum showcasing various wood artifacts and models.
Corbyn’s Cove Beach: The tour often includes a visit to Corbyn’s Cove Beach, a picturesque stretch of coastline just a few kilometers from Port Blair. With its soft sandy shores and serene ambiance, the beach is an ideal spot for relaxation, beach activities, and water sports such as jet skiing and banana boat rides.
Light and Sound Show: The Cellular Jail hosts an engaging Light and Sound Show in the evenings, which is often included in the sightseeing tour. The show depicts the historical events and sacrifices of freedom fighters, creating a poignant and memorable experience.
Markets and Local Culture: The tour provides an opportunity to explore the local markets of Port Blair, where you can shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and locally made products. You may also get a glimpse of the vibrant local culture, interact with the friendly residents, and savor local cuisine.
Additional Attractions: Depending on the tour package and duration, you may have the chance to visit additional attractions in Port Blair, such as Marina Park and Aquarium, Ross Island, North Bay Island, or Wandoor Beach, each offering its own unique charm and experiences.
The specific itinerary and inclusions may vary depending on the tour operator or travel agency. It’s recommended to check with them for the most up-to-date information on the Port Blair Sightseeing Tour. Enjoy exploring the historical, cultural, and natural highlights of Port Blair!
Port Blair Sightseeing Tour
|Port Blair Sightseeing Tour
|03 Night / 04 Days
|Port Blair – Havelock Island – Port Blair
|8,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 person applicable)
Day 01: Day 1: Arrival in Port Blair
- Cellular Jail: Start your tour by visiting the historic Cellular Jail, also known as “Kala Pani.” Explore the museum inside the jail to learn about the Indian freedom struggle and the hardships faced by prisoners during the colonial era.
- Light and Sound Show: In the evening, attend the captivating Light and Sound Show at the Cellular Jail. The show narrates the story of the freedom fighters and their sacrifices in a dramatic and engaging way.
Day 02: Port Blair City Tour
- Ross Island: Take a ferry to Ross Island, the erstwhile administrative headquarters of the British in the Andaman Islands. Explore the ruins and remnants of colonial buildings, including the Chief Commissioner’s House, church, and cemetery. Enjoy the serene ambiance and lush green surroundings.
- North Bay Island: Proceed to North Bay Island, also known as Coral Island. Engage in various water activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and glass-bottom boat rides to explore the vibrant coral reefs and marine life.
Day 03: Excursion to Havelock Island
- Anthropological Museum: Visit the Anthropological Museum to gain insights into the indigenous tribes of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The museum exhibits tribal artifacts, photographs, and displays showcasing the culture, lifestyle, and history of the tribes.
- Fisheries Museum: Explore the Fisheries Museum to learn about the rich marine biodiversity of the region. Get an opportunity to see various species of fish, coral, and shells found in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Samudrika Naval Marine Museum: Visit the Samudrika Naval Marine Museum, maintained by the Indian Navy, which showcases the rich biodiversity, geography, and history of the islands. Learn about the indigenous tribes, flora, fauna, and naval heritage of the region.
Day 04: Departure
- Corbyn’s Cove Beach: Spend a relaxing morning at Corbyn’s Cove Beach, located a few kilometers away from Port Blair. Enjoy the pristine sandy beach, indulge in water sports activities like jet skiing or simply relax and soak in the sun.
- Chidiya Tapu: In the evening, proceed to Chidiya Tapu, also known as the Bird Island. Enjoy the beautiful sunset view, go for a nature walk along the forest trails, and spot various species of birds.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What are the must-visit attractions in Port Blair?
Port Blair offers a range of must-visit attractions. Some popular choices include the Cellular Jail National Memorial, Samudrika Naval Marine Museum, Corbyn’s Cove Beach, Ross Island, North Bay Island, and the Chatham Saw Mill. These attractions showcase the history, culture, and natural beauty of Port Blair, and provide a memorable sightseeing experience.
Q2: Are there any historical sites or museums to explore in Port Blair?
Yes, Port Blair is home to several historical sites and museums. The Cellular Jail National Memorial is a significant historical site that narrates the story of India’s freedom struggle. Other notable attractions include the Ross Island, which was the administrative headquarters of the British during their rule, and the Anthropological Museum, which showcases the tribal culture and history of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Q3: Are there any water sports activities available in Port Blair?
Yes, Port Blair offers a variety of water sports activities. You can indulge in snorkeling, scuba diving, sea walking, and jet skiing at popular spots like North Bay Island and Elephant Beach on Havelock Island. These activities provide an opportunity to explore the vibrant marine life and underwater beauty of the Andaman Sea.
Q4: Can we visit the nearby islands from Port Blair?
Yes, you can visit nearby islands from Port Blair. Havelock Island and Neil Island are popular choices known for their pristine beaches and turquoise waters. These islands offer activities like swimming, snorkeling, and beach walks. You can take a ferry from Port Blair to these islands and enjoy a day trip or opt for an overnight stay to explore them more extensively.
Q5: Are there any scenic viewpoints or nature trails in Port Blair?
Yes, Port Blair has several scenic viewpoints and nature trails. Mount Harriet National Park offers panoramic views of the surrounding islands and the Andaman Sea. The Madhuban Trek in Mount Harriet is a popular nature trail that takes you through dense forests and offers opportunities for birdwatching. Additionally, Chidiya Tapu is a scenic spot known for its beautiful sunset views and nature trails.
Q6: Can we witness the bioluminescent phenomenon in Port Blair?
Yes, you can witness the bioluminescent phenomenon in Port Blair. Havelock Island is known for its bioluminescent beaches, where the water glows at night due to the presence of bioluminescent plankton. You can take a night trip to these beaches and experience the mesmerizing glow in the water, creating a unique and magical sight.
Q7: Are there any cultural experiences or local markets to explore in Port Blair?
Yes, Port Blair offers cultural experiences and local markets to explore. You can visit the Aberdeen Bazaar, which is a bustling market known for its handicrafts, clothing, and local snacks. Additionally, the Sagarika Emporium and Aberdeen Clock Tower are worth visiting to explore local handicrafts, jewelry, and artifacts. Don’t miss the opportunity to savor the local cuisine and interact with the friendly locals to experience the local culture.
Q8: Can we witness the famous Sound and Light Show at Cellular Jail?
Yes, witnessing the Sound and Light Show at the Cellular Jail is a must-do experience in Port Blair. The show narrates the history of the Cellular Jail and the struggles of freedom fighters. The show is conducted in the evening and includes light effects, sound effects, and a captivating narrative that takes you back in time and evokes a sense of patriotism.
Q9: Can we customize our Port Blair sightseeing tour package?
Yes, many tour operators and travel agencies offer the option to customize your Port Blair sightseeing tour package. You can discuss your preferences, such as the attractions you want to visit, the duration of the tour, and any specific requirements you may have. The travel agent will help you create a customized itinerary that caters to your preferences and ensures a fulfilling sightseeing experience in Port Blair.
Q10: Are there any guided tours available for Port Blair sightseeing?
Yes, there are guided tours available for Port Blair sightseeing. You can opt for guided tours conducted by local tour operators or hire a private guide who will accompany you throughout the sightseeing process, providing information about the attractions, history, and local culture. Having a guide ensures a more enriching experience and helps you make the most of your sightseeing tour in Port Blair.