A Pipli Tour Package typically includes a visit to the town of Pipli in Odisha, India, known for its vibrant appliqué work and handicrafts. Here is an overview of what a Pipli Tour Package may offer:
Visit to Pipli: The tour package will include a visit to the town of Pipli, located in the Puri district of Odisha. You will have the opportunity to explore the local markets and witness the skilled artisans creating intricate appliqué textiles. You can learn about the traditional techniques and designs used in this art form.
Pipli Fair: Depending on the time of your visit, the package may include a visit to the annual Pipli Fair. This fair showcases the rich cultural heritage of the region, featuring traditional music, dance performances, and various handcrafted items. It’s a great opportunity to experience the local culture and purchase unique souvenirs.
Sightseeing in Puri: Since Pipli is often visited as a stopover on the way to Puri, the tour package may include sightseeing in Puri as well. Puri is famous for the Jagannath Temple, one of the Char Dham pilgrimage sites in Hinduism. You can explore the temple, witness religious rituals, and immerse yourself in the spiritual atmosphere.
Odisha’s Cultural Heritage: Pipli is just one part of Odisha’s rich cultural heritage. The tour package may offer additional visits to significant attractions in Odisha, such as the Sun Temple in Konark, known for its architectural marvel, and the Lingaraja Temple in Bhubaneswar, a significant Hindu temple. You may also get the chance to explore other cultural and historical sites in the region.
Local Cuisine and Accommodation: The tour package may include meals featuring local cuisine, allowing you to savor the flavors of Odisha. Additionally, it may offer accommodation options ranging from budget to luxury, depending on your preferences and budget.
It’s important to note that the specific details of a Pipli Tour Package may vary depending on the tour operator and package you choose. It’s advisable to check with different tour operators, compare packages, and read reviews to find the one that suits your interests and requirements.
Pipli Tour Package
|Pipli Tour Package
|04 Nights / 05 Days
|Bhubaneswar- Pipli- Konark.
|12,500/- Per Person+5%GST(Min- 6 Person)
- Arrival in Bhubaneswar, the nearest airport
- Transfer to Pipli, which is approximately 40km away
- Check-in at the hotel in Pipli
- Rest and leisure time to explore the town
- Visit the famous Pipli Village, which is known for its beautiful applique work
- Explore the colorful bazaars and local markets
- Visit the famous Shree Jagannath Temple in Puri, which is approximately 20km away from Pipli
- Enjoy a relaxing evening at the beach
- Visit the Konark Sun Temple, which is approximately 35km away from Pipli
- En route, stop at the Chandrabhaga Beach for a scenic view
- Visit the Chilika Lake, which is approximately 60km away from Pipli, known for its beautiful scenery and birdlife
- Return to Pipli for an overnight stay
- Check-out from the hotel
- Transfer to Bhubaneswar for departure
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Pipli located?
Pipli is a small town located in the Puri district of the Indian state of Odisha. It is situated on the NH-316 highway, approximately 40 kilometers from the capital city of Bhubaneswar. Pipli is known for its unique appliqué handicrafts and is often referred to as the “Appliqué Village” of Odisha.
Q2: What is the significance of Pipli’s appliqué handicrafts?
Pipli is famous for its vibrant and intricate appliqué handicrafts. These handicrafts involve stitching pieces of colored fabric onto a base fabric to create stunning designs and patterns. The appliqué work of Pipli is widely recognized for its use in religious rituals, temple decorations, and as decorative items for homes and clothing. The craftsmanship and creativity of Pipli’s artisans make these handicrafts highly significant and popular among locals and tourists alike.
Q3: What are the must-visit places in Pipli?
Pipli offers several attractions that are worth visiting during your tour. Some of the must-visit places in Pipli include:
- Pipli Market: Explore the vibrant market to witness and purchase a wide range of appliqué handicrafts.
- Sudarshan Crafts Museum: Visit the museum to learn about the history, techniques, and artistry behind Pipli’s appliqué work.
- Gopinath Temple: Pay a visit to this ancient temple dedicated to Lord Krishna and experience the spiritual ambience.
- Biranchi Narayan Temple: Explore the intricately carved temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu and admire its architectural beauty.
These attractions offer a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage and artistry of Pipli.
Q4: Are there any local festivals celebrated in Pipli?
Yes, Pipli celebrates several local festivals that showcase its cultural vibrancy. One of the prominent festivals is the “Pipli Handicrafts Fair” held annually, where artisans from Pipli and surrounding areas gather to exhibit and sell their handicrafts. This fair is a celebration of art, craft, and creativity, attracting a large number of visitors. Additionally, Pipli also participates in the famous Rath Yatra festival in Puri, which draws devotees and tourists from around the world.
Q5: What is the best time to visit Pipli?
Pipli can be visited throughout the year, but the best time to explore the town and its attractions is during the winter season (October to February). The weather during this period is pleasant and suitable for outdoor activities. It is advisable to avoid visiting Pipli during the monsoon season (June to September) due to heavy rainfall, which may hinder travel and outdoor exploration.
Q6: How can I reach Pipli?
Pipli is well-connected by road and can be easily reached by various modes of transportation:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Pipli is Bhubaneswar Airport, which is approximately 40 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Pipli.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Pipli is Puri Railway Station, located around 20 kilometers away. From the railway station, you can avail of local transportation like taxis or buses to reach Pipli.
- By Road: Pipli is well-connected by road and can be reached by taking a bus or hiring a taxi from Bhubaneswar or other nearby cities.
Choose the mode of transportation that is most convenient for you and enjoy a hassle-free journey to Pipli.
Q7: Is photography allowed in Pipli’s market and craft museum?
Yes, photography is generally allowed in Pipli’s market and craft museum. Visitors are welcome to capture the vibrant colors, intricate designs, and craftsmanship of the appliqué handicrafts. However, it is advisable to seek permission before clicking photographs, especially if it involves capturing the work of specific artisans or sensitive areas within the craft museum. Respect the privacy and creative rights of the artisans and follow any guidelines provided by the authorities.
Q8: Are there any accommodations available in Pipli?
Yes, there are several accommodation options available in and around Pipli to suit various budgets and preferences. From budget hotels to guesthouses and resorts, you can find a range of options for a comfortable stay. Some popular accommodation choices in Pipli include Pipli Palace, Hotel Shree Jagannath, and Hotel Sai Geeta. It is advisable to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons, to ensure availability.
Q9: Can I buy appliqué handicrafts directly from artisans in Pipli?
Yes, you can buy appliqué handicrafts directly from artisans in Pipli. The town is known for its thriving handicraft industry, and many artisans have their workshops and small businesses. Visiting Pipli’s market will give you the opportunity to interact with artisans, learn about their craft, and purchase authentic and exquisite appliqué handicrafts. Bargaining is common in the market, so feel free to negotiate the price while respecting the value and effort put into the artwork.
Q10: What are the modes of payment accepted in Pipli’s market?
In Pipli’s market, cash is the most widely accepted mode of payment. It is advisable to carry sufficient cash, especially smaller denominations, to facilitate hassle-free transactions. Some shops may accept credit or debit cards, but it is always better to confirm beforehand. ATMs are available in Pipli, allowing you to withdraw cash if needed. Additionally, if you are purchasing from authorized government emporiums or larger establishments, they may accept digital payment methods like mobile wallets or UPI.