The Nelong Valley tour offers a breathtaking journey into the pristine and secluded Nelong Valley, located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India. Known for its untouched natural beauty and stunning landscapes, the Nelong Valley is a hidden gem for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Here’s an overview of the Nelong Valley tour:
Scenic Beauty: Nelong Valley is renowned for its captivating scenic beauty, with snow-capped mountains, alpine meadows, lush forests, and meandering rivers. The valley is surrounded by towering peaks, including the majestic Swargarohini and Black Peak. The tour provides an opportunity to witness the awe-inspiring vistas, picturesque landscapes, and the untouched beauty of the Himalayas.
Wildlife and Biodiversity: The Nelong Valley is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. The region falls within the Gangotri National Park, which is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage site of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve. The tour offers the chance to spot various wildlife species such as snow leopards, Himalayan blue sheep, musk deer, and numerous bird species. The valley is also adorned with colorful alpine flowers during the blooming season.
Nelong Village: The tour typically includes a visit to the Nelong Village, which is the only human settlement in the valley. The village offers a glimpse into the traditional lifestyle of the local inhabitants. Visitors can interact with the locals, learn about their culture and traditions, and experience their warm hospitality.
Adventure Activities: The Nelong Valley tour provides ample opportunities for adventure enthusiasts. The valley offers excellent trekking routes, allowing visitors to explore the pristine surroundings on foot. The tour may include trekking to nearby peaks or panoramic viewpoints, offering mesmerizing vistas of the valley. Additionally, the valley is also popular for camping and photography, allowing travelers to spend nights under the starry sky and capture the enchanting beauty of the surroundings.
Cultural Heritage: The Nelong Valley has a rich cultural heritage, with traces of ancient trade routes and historical significance. The tour may include visits to ancient temples, monasteries, and ruins that hold cultural and historical significance.
The Nelong Valley tour offers an off-the-beaten-path experience, away from the crowded tourist destinations. It allows visitors to reconnect with nature, soak in the tranquility, and witness the untouched beauty of the Himalayas. Whether you are an adventure seeker, nature lover, or someone looking for a serene escape, the Nelong Valley tour promises a memorable and rejuvenating experience in the lap of nature.
Nelong Valley Tour Package
|Nelong Valley Tour Package
|04 Nights / 05 days
|Dehradun- Gangotri- Nelong Valley.
|15,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Dehradun
- Arrival in Dehradun or Rishikesh: Arrive at either Dehradun or Rishikesh, which are the nearest major cities to Nelong Valley. You can choose to either fly or take a train to these cities, depending on your preferences.
- Transfer to Gangotri: From Dehradun or Rishikesh, you will be transferred to the town of Gangotri, located on the banks of the River Bhagirathi. The journey takes approximately 5-6 hours by road.
- Check-in and Rest: Upon reaching Gangotri, check-in to your pre-booked hotel or guesthouse. Rest and acclimatize to the high altitude.
Day 02:Gangotri Excursion
- Gangotri Excursion: Spend the day exploring the town of Gangotri and its surroundings. Visit the famous Gangotri Temple, dedicated to the Goddess Ganga. Take a dip in the holy waters of the River Ganges and seek blessings at the temple. You can also visit nearby attractions like the Gaumukh Glacier, the origin of the River Ganges, and the Pandava Gufa, a cave associated with the Hindu epic Mahabharata.
Day 03:Explore Nelong Valley
- Drive to Nelong Valley: After breakfast, embark on a scenic drive from Gangotri to Nelong Valley. Nelong Valley is a remote and pristine region located near the Indo-China border. Enjoy the breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, deep valleys, and meandering rivers along the way. The drive takes approximately 3-4 hours, covering a distance of around 80 kilometers.
- Explore Nelong Valley: Upon reaching Nelong Valley, spend the day exploring its natural beauty. Take leisurely walks amidst the picturesque landscapes, capture stunning photographs, and immerse yourself in the tranquility of the surroundings. Keep an eye out for wildlife, as the region is home to diverse species including snow leopards, Himalayan blue sheep, and more.
Day 04:Nelong Valley Sightseeing
- Nelong Valley Sightseeing: Continue exploring Nelong Valley and its attractions. Visit the Nelong River, which flows through the valley, and witness its crystal-clear waters. Marvel at the majestic peaks that surround the valley, including Swargarohini, Satopanth, and Black Peak. If you’re interested in adventure activities, you can also opt for trekking or camping in the region.
- Return to Gangotri and Departure: After breakfast, drive back to Gangotri. Once you reach Gangotri, bid farewell to the mesmerizing Nelong Valley and proceed to your onward journey. You can either choose to head back to Dehradun or Rishikesh to catch your return flight or train, or continue your exploration of Uttarakhand’s other attractions.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: Where is Nelong Valley located?
- A1: Nelong Valley is located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India. It is situated near the India-China border in the eastern part of the state.
Q2: Can tourists visit Nelong Valley?
- A2: The accessibility of Nelong Valley to tourists may vary. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Nelong Valley was a restricted area due to its proximity to the border. The valley required special permits from the authorities for visitation. It is advisable to check with the local authorities, tourism department, or travel agencies for the latest information on whether tourists are allowed to visit Nelong Valley and the necessary permits required.
Q3: How can I obtain permits to visit Nelong Valley?
- A3: If permits are available for visiting Nelong Valley, you would need to contact the appropriate authorities to obtain them. This could include the local district administration, tourism department, or other relevant government offices. They will provide you with the necessary information regarding the permit application process, required documents, and any associated fees.
Q4: What is the best time to visit Nelong Valley?
- A4: The best time to visit Nelong Valley, if it is open to tourists, would typically be during the summer months of May to June and September to October. During these periods, the weather is generally pleasant, and the road conditions are more favorable for travel. However, please note that the weather and accessibility conditions may vary, so it is important to gather updated information before planning your visit.
Q5: What are the attractions or highlights of Nelong Valley?
- A5: Nelong Valley is known for its stunning natural beauty and remote location. It offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks, rugged landscapes, and the Bhagirathi River. The valley is also rich in flora and fauna, with diverse plant species and wildlife. If permitted, visitors can enjoy scenic drives, photography opportunities, and the unique experience of being in a remote and less-explored region.
Q6: Are there any accommodations available in Nelong Valley?
- A6: Due to its remote and restricted nature, there may be limited or no accommodation options available directly in Nelong Valley. It is advisable to plan your visit as a day trip or arrange for accommodations in nearby towns or cities, such as Uttarkashi or Gangotri. These places typically offer a range of hotels, guesthouses, and homestays to cater to tourists.