The Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple, also known as the Shrinathji Mandir, is a famous Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. Located in the town of Nathdwara in the Rajsamand district of Rajasthan, India, the temple is a significant pilgrimage site for devotees of Lord Krishna. Here is an overview of a Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour:
Location: The temple is situated in the town of Nathdwara, which is approximately 48 kilometers (30 miles) away from the city of Udaipur in Rajasthan. It is easily accessible by road and is well-connected to major cities in the region.
Religious Significance: The Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna, specifically in his child form as Shrinathji. The deity is believed to be a manifestation of Lord Krishna as worshipped by the 15th-century saint, Vallabhacharya. The temple is considered one of the 84 Vaishnava Divya Desams (sacred Vishnu temples).
Shrinathji Idol: The main highlight of the temple is the idol of Shrinathji, which depicts Lord Krishna as a seven-year-old child. The idol is carved from a single black stone and is intricately adorned with jewels, clothes, and ornaments. The deity is seen holding a flute in one hand and a mound of Govardhan hill in the other.
Darshan and Aarti: The temple follows a strict schedule of darshan (viewing) and aarti (prayer rituals). Devotees can witness the darshan of Shrinathji during specific timings, which are announced by the temple authorities. The aarti ceremonies, performed multiple times a day, involve the chanting of sacred hymns and offerings to the deity.
Pichhwai Paintings and Decorations: The temple is known for its elaborate pichhwai paintings, which are traditional Rajasthani artworks depicting various episodes from Lord Krishna’s life. These paintings adorn the walls of the temple and add to its aesthetic beauty. The temple is also decorated with flowers, garlands, and lights during festive occasions.
Festivals and Celebrations: The Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple celebrates various festivals with great fervor, including Janmashtami (Lord Krishna’s birth anniversary), Holi, Annakut, and Diwali. During these times, the temple premises are adorned with decorations, and special ceremonies and processions take place, attracting a large number of devotees.
Prasad and Offerings: Devotees visiting the temple can offer prayers and make offerings to the deity. The prasad (sacred food) distributed at the temple, such as the famous “pichhwai laddoo,” is considered auspicious and is believed to have the blessings of Lord Krishna.
Visiting Tips: To make the most of your Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour, it is advisable to check the darshan timings and plan your visit accordingly. It is recommended to wear traditional attire while visiting the temple. Photography inside the temple may be restricted, so it’s important to respect the rules and guidelines.
A tour to the Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple offers a chance to experience the devotion, architectural beauty, and spiritual atmosphere associated with Lord Krishna worship. It provides an opportunity to witness the religious customs, art, and cultural heritage of Rajasthan while immersing oneself in the divine presence of Lord Shrinathji.
Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple Tour Package
|Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple Tour Package
|03Nights / 04days
|12,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Nathdwara
- Arrive at the nearest airport or railway station to Nathdwara.
- Meet your tour guide and transfer to your hotel in Nathdwara.
- After checking in and freshening up, you can visit the local markets to explore the traditional handicrafts and artwork.
- In the evening, attend the Aarti (devotional ceremony) at Shrinathji Temple, known for its beautiful idol of Lord Krishna.
- Return to the hotel and have a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 02:Nathdwara Visit
- Start the day with an early morning visit to Shrinathji Temple to witness the Mangla Aarti.
- Explore the temple premises, admire the intricate architecture, and experience the spiritual ambiance.
- After the temple visit, you can have breakfast at a local restaurant.
- In the afternoon, visit the nearby Eklingji Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Admire the grandeur of the temple and seek blessings.
- Return to Nathdwara and spend the evening at leisure. You can explore the town, indulge in local cuisine, or shop for souvenirs.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03:Excursion to Haldighati
- After breakfast, embark on a full-day excursion to Haldighati and Kumbhalgarh.
- Haldighati is a historic site known for the Battle of Haldighati fought between Maharana Pratap and the Mughal forces. Visit the Haldighati Museum to learn about the battle and explore the picturesque surroundings.
- Proceed to Kumbhalgarh, famous for its majestic fortress and the second-longest wall in the world after the Great Wall of China. Explore the fort, visit the temples within, and enjoy panoramic views from the ramparts.
- Return to Nathdwara in the evening and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Enjoy a relaxed breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out from the hotel and proceed to the airport or railway station for your onward journey.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple located?
A: Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple is located in the town of Nathdwara in the Rajsamand district of Rajasthan, India. It is situated near Udaipur and is dedicated to Lord Krishna, specifically in the form of Shrinathji.
Q: What is included in a typical Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour package?
A: The specific inclusions of a Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, a typical package may include transportation to and from Udaipur or nearby cities, accommodation, sightseeing to Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple and other attractions in the area, the services of a tour guide, and meals.
Q: How long does a Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour package usually last?
A: The duration of a Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour package can vary depending on the package and your preferences. It can range from a one-day tour to multiple days, allowing you to have darshan (sight of the deity), participate in religious ceremonies, and explore the nearby areas.
Q: Are there any specific dress code requirements to enter Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple?
A: Yes, there is a dress code to enter Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple. Devotees are expected to dress modestly and traditionally. Men usually wear dhoti (preferably in white) with a kurta or a shirt, and women typically wear sarees or salwar kameez. It is advisable to cover your head before entering the temple.
Q: Are photography and mobile phones allowed inside Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple?
A: No, photography and the use of mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple. This rule is in place to maintain the sanctity and respect of the deity and the religious practices.
Q: Can I visit other attractions in Nathdwara as part of the tour package?
A: While the main focus of the tour package is usually on visiting Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple, some tour packages may include visits to other nearby attractions, such as Eklingji Temple, Ranakpur Jain Temple, or exploring the city of Udaipur. It is advisable to check the package details or discuss with the tour operator regarding additional attractions.
Q: Can I customize a Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour package?
A: Some tour operators offer the flexibility to customize Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour packages according to your preferences. You may be able to adjust the duration, include additional attractions or activities, or make specific arrangements based on your interests. It is advisable to inquire with the tour operator about customization options.
Q: Can I book a Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour package online?
A: Yes, many tour operators provide the option to book Nathdwara Shrinathji Temple tour packages online. You can visit their websites, select the desired package, and follow the booking process. It is recommended to choose reputable tour operators and review their cancellation and refund policies.