Darjeeling Tour Package from Kolkata
Mayapur, located in West Bengal, India, is a significant place for followers of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) and is considered a holy pilgrimage site. The town is renowned for its temples, spiritual centers, and the peaceful ambiance that attracts thousands of devotees from around the world. Mayapur is an ideal destination for those seeking spiritual rejuvenation and a chance to learn about the teachings of Lord Krishna. This itinerary can be adjusted according to your interests and time constraints. Plan your trip to Mayapur and immerse yourself in the divine atmosphere of the town.
Mayapur Tour Plan
|Mayapur Tour Plan
|01 Nights / 02 Days
|15,500/- Per Person+5%GST(Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrival in Mayapur
- Upon arrival in Mayapur, check in to your hotel and freshen up.
- Visit the ISKCON Mayapur temple, which is the headquarters of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) and the birthplace of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, a prominent Hindu saint.
- Explore the temple complex, which includes a museum, a goshala (cow shelter), and a vegetarian restaurant.
- Attend the evening aarti ceremony and take part in the Hare Krishna kirtan.
Day 02: Mayapur sightseeing
- Start your day with a visit to the Sri Mayapur Chandrodaya Mandir, a stunning temple dedicated to Lord Krishna and Radha that is currently under construction and set to be the largest temple in the world when completed.
- After breakfast, visit the Yoga Peeth, an Ayurvedic and yoga center that offers workshops and classes.
- After breakfast, visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park.
- In the afternoon, take a boat ride on the Ganges river to see the beautiful scenery along the banks and to visit the nearby Champa Hati village, where you can see the process of making traditional handicrafts.
- In the evening, attend another aarti ceremony at the ISKCON temple.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q1: What is the best time to visit Mayapur?
The best time to visit Mayapur is during the winter months of October to February when the weather is pleasant and suitable for sightseeing. This is also the time when major festivals like Gaura Purnima and Nabadwip Mandal Parikrama take place, attracting a large number of devotees from around the world.
Q2: What are the main attractions in Mayapur?
Mayapur is known for its spiritual significance and is home to the world-famous ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) temple. The main attractions in Mayapur include the magnificent Chandrodaya Temple, Srila Prabhupada’s Pushpa Samadhi Mandir, the Goshala (cow sanctuary), the Samadhi of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, and the beautiful gardens surrounding the temple complex.
Q3: Is photography allowed inside the temples?
Photography is generally not allowed inside the temples in Mayapur, especially during the arati (ritual worship) and other religious ceremonies. However, you can capture the external views of the temples and the surrounding areas. It’s advisable to respect the rules and regulations to maintain the sanctity of the sacred sites.
Q4: Are there accommodation options available in Mayapur?
Yes, Mayapur offers various accommodation options for visitors. There are guesthouses, hotels, and ashrams available for different budgets. The ISKCON temple complex also provides accommodation facilities for devotees and pilgrims. It’s recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak seasons and festival times, to ensure a comfortable stay.
Q5: Can I participate in the temple rituals and ceremonies?
Yes, visitors are welcome to participate in the temple rituals and ceremonies in Mayapur. You can attend the daily arati, kirtan, and bhajans (devotional singing) sessions. Special ceremonies and festivals are organized throughout the year, providing an opportunity for devotees to engage in spiritual practices and immerse themselves in the devotional atmosphere of Mayapur.
Q6: Are there vegetarian food options available in Mayapur?
Yes, Mayapur is known for its delicious vegetarian cuisine. The ISKCON temple complex has a prasadam hall where you can relish a variety of vegetarian dishes offered as prasadam (sanctified food). There are also several restaurants and eateries in and around Mayapur that serve vegetarian food. You can savor traditional Bengali delicacies and other Indian vegetarian dishes during your visit.
Q7: How can I reach Mayapur?
Mayapur is located in the Nadia district of West Bengal, India. The nearest major city is Kolkata (Calcutta). You can reach Mayapur by air, train, or road. The nearest airport is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Mayapur. There are also direct train connections from Kolkata to Mayapur. Buses and private taxis are available from nearby cities and towns to reach Mayapur.
Q8: Are there any shopping opportunities in Mayapur?
Mayapur offers various shopping opportunities for visitors. You can find shops selling devotional items, souvenirs, traditional clothing, handicrafts, and books related to spirituality and Krishna consciousness. The ISKCON temple complex also has a gift shop where you can purchase spiritual books, deity photos, incense, and other items. It’s a great place to buy memorable gifts and mementos.
Q9: Is there any dress code to enter the temples in Mayapur?
Yes, there is a dress code to enter the temples in Mayapur. Both men and women are required to dress modestly and respectfully. It is recommended to wear traditional attire that covers the shoulders and knees. Avoid wearing revealing or inappropriate clothing. Wearing traditional Indian attire such as sarees, dhotis, and kurta-pajamas is considered appropriate and respectful in the temple premises.
Q10: Can I take part in the spiritual classes and lectures in Mayapur?
Yes, Mayapur offers various spiritual classes, lectures, and seminars for visitors. The ISKCON temple conducts discourses, Bhagavad Gita classes, and other educational programs to impart spiritual knowledge and teachings. Visitors are welcome to attend these sessions and learn about the philosophy and practices of Krishna consciousness. It’s a great opportunity to deepen your understanding of spirituality and engage in meaningful discussions.