The Kailashanatha Temple, also known as the Kailasanatha Temple or Kailash Temple, is a remarkable ancient Hindu temple located in Ellora, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the most impressive rock-cut temples in the world.
Overview of the Kailashanatha Temple:
Architecture: The Kailashanatha Temple was constructed during the 8th century under the patronage of the Rashtrakuta dynasty. It was carved out of a single massive rock, vertically downward, to create a monolithic structure. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and features intricate carvings and sculptures depicting various Hindu deities, mythological scenes, and celestial beings.
Structure: The temple complex is designed to resemble Mount Kailash, the mythical abode of Lord Shiva. The main structure consists of a central temple surrounded by a courtyard with numerous subsidiary shrines, halls, and galleries. The central temple features a towering vimana (tower) and a grand entrance adorned with intricate sculptures.
Carvings and Sculptures: The Kailashanatha Temple is renowned for its exquisite carvings and sculptures, which showcase exceptional craftsmanship. The walls, pillars, and ceilings are adorned with intricate detailing, depicting gods, goddesses, celestial beings, mythical creatures, and scenes from Hindu epics like the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. The artwork provides insights into ancient Indian mythology, culture, and religious practices.
Symbolism and Significance: The construction of the Kailashanatha Temple is considered a significant achievement in Indian architecture. The temple’s design and artwork reflect the devotion and skill of the artisans who carved it out of solid rock. The temple holds immense religious and cultural importance for devotees of Lord Shiva and attracts pilgrims and tourists from around the world.
Visit Experience: A tour of the Kailashanatha Temple offers a fascinating glimpse into ancient Indian history, art, and spirituality. Visitors can explore the various chambers, corridors, and sculptures while marveling at the scale and precision of the temple’s construction. The ambiance of the temple complex, surrounded by lush greenery, adds to the overall experience.
Other Attractions: Ellora Caves, is a collection of 34 caves located near the Kailashanatha Temple. These caves represent a blend of Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain cultures and feature impressive rock-cut architecture and artwork. Exploring the Ellora Caves is often combined with a visit to the Kailashanatha Temple.
When planning a tour to the Kailashanatha Temple, it is recommended to check the opening hours, entry fees, and any specific guidelines for visitors. It is also advisable to hire a local guide who can provide detailed insights and historical context to enhance your experience.
Kailashanatha Temple Tour Package
|Kailashanatha Temple Tour Package
|05 Nights / 06 Days
|Chennai- Kailashanatha Temple- Kanchipuram- Mahabalipuram.
|18,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Chennai
- Arrival in Chennai: Arrive at Chennai by flight or train. From Chennai, proceed to Kanchipuram by road. Check into your hotel in Kanchipuram and take some rest.
Day 02:Kailashanatha Temple Sightseeing
- Kailashanatha Temple Visit: Begin your day with a visit to the Kailashanatha Temple. Marvel at the stunning Dravidian architecture and the intricate carvings that adorn the temple walls. Explore the various shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva and other deities within the temple complex.
- Ekambareswarar Temple: Visit the Ekambareswarar Temple, another prominent Shiva temple in Kanchipuram. Admire the majestic gopurams (towering gateways) and the ancient mango tree believed to be several centuries old.
Day 03: Kanchipuram Excursion
- Kanchipuram Silk Saree Shopping: Explore the famous silk weaving industry of Kanchipuram. Visit silk saree showrooms and witness the art of silk weaving. Purchase exquisite Kanchipuram silk sarees, known for their rich texture and intricate designs.
- Varadharaja Perumal Temple: Visit the Varadharaja Perumal Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Admire the grand architecture and the beautiful idols within the temple premises.
Day 04: Kanchipuram
- Kamakshi Amman Temple: Visit the Kamakshi Amman Temple, a renowned Devi temple in Kanchipuram. Seek blessings from Goddess Kamakshi and soak in the divine ambiance of the temple.
- Kanchi Kudil: Explore Kanchi Kudil, a heritage house that showcases the traditional lifestyle of the region. Learn about the cultural and artistic heritage of Kanchipuram.
Day 05: Mahabalipuram
- Excursion to Mahabalipuram: Take a day trip to Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its ancient rock-cut temples and sculptures. Visit famous landmarks such as the Shore Temple, Arjuna’s Penance, and the Five Rathas. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the coastal town.
- Relax at the Beach: Spend some time relaxing at the Mahabalipuram Beach and enjoy the coastal vibes.
Day 06: Departure
- Departure: Check out from the hotel and proceed to Chennai for your onward journey with beautiful memories of your Kailashanatha Temple tour in Kanchipuram.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is Kailashanatha Temple located?
A: Kailashanatha Temple is located in Ellora, near Aurangabad in the state of Maharashtra, India. It is a part of the Ellora Caves complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its remarkable rock-cut architecture.
Q: What is included in a typical Kailashanatha Temple tour package?
A: The specific inclusions of a Kailashanatha Temple tour package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, a typical package may include transportation to and from Aurangabad, accommodation, sightseeing to Kailashanatha Temple and other nearby attractions, the services of a tour guide, and meals.
Q: How long does a Kailashanatha Temple tour package usually last?
A: The duration of a Kailashanatha Temple tour package can vary depending on the package and your preferences. It can range from a one-day tour to multiple days, allowing you to explore other caves and monuments in the Ellora and Aurangabad region.
Q: Is there any dress code to enter Kailashanatha Temple?
A: There is no specific dress code to enter Kailashanatha Temple. However, it is advisable to dress modestly and respectfully while visiting the temple complex. As a mark of respect, it is common for visitors to wear appropriate attire and ensure their shoulders and knees are covered.
Q: Are there any photography restrictions inside Kailashanatha Temple?
A: Photography is generally allowed inside Kailashanatha Temple. However, there may be restrictions on using flash photography or tripods. It is always good practice to be respectful and considerate while taking photographs, especially in sacred areas. It is recommended to follow the guidelines provided by the temple authorities.
Q: Can I visit other attractions in Aurangabad as part of the tour package?
A: Yes, many tour packages include visits to other attractions in Aurangabad, such as the Ajanta Caves, Bibi Ka Maqbara, Daulatabad Fort, and the Ellora Caves (other than Kailashanatha Temple). These attractions offer a rich cultural and historical experience.
Q: Can I customize a Kailashanatha Temple tour package?
A: Some tour operators offer the flexibility to customize Kailashanatha Temple tour packages according to your preferences. You may be able to adjust the duration, include additional attractions or activities, or make specific arrangements based on your interests. It is advisable to inquire with the tour operator about customization options.
Q: Can I book a Kailashanatha Temple tour package online?
A: Yes, many tour operators provide the option to book Kailashanatha Temple tour packages online. You can visit their websites, select the desired package, and follow the booking process. It is recommended to choose reputable tour operators and review their cancellation and refund policies.