Imphal is the capital city of Manipur, a state located in Northeast India. It is known for its rich cultural heritage, natural beauty, and historical significance. Here is some general information about Imphal:
Location: Imphal is situated in the Imphal Valley, surrounded by hills on all sides. It is located approximately 785 kilometers east of Kolkata and 1,324 kilometers northeast of New Delhi.
Transportation: Imphal is well connected by air and road. The city has its own airport, Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, which has regular flights to major cities in India. It is also connected to neighboring states and cities through a network of national highways.
Climate: Imphal experiences a humid subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The best time to visit is from October to March when the weather is pleasant.
Language: The primary language spoken in Imphal is Manipuri (Meiteilon). However, English and Hindi are also widely understood and spoken.
Kangla Fort: The historic seat of the Manipuri kings, Kangla Fort is a significant landmark and a symbol of Manipuri culture.
Loktak Lake: The largest freshwater lake in Northeast India, Loktak Lake is known for its floating phumdis (mass of vegetation) and the unique Keibul Lamjao National Park, home to the rare Sangai deer.
Shri Govindjee Temple: A beautiful Vaishnavite temple dedicated to Lord Krishna, known for its architectural splendor.
Manipur State Museum: This museum showcases a vast collection of artifacts, including ancient manuscripts, traditional costumes, tribal art, and archaeological findings.
War Cemeteries: Imphal has two war cemeteries, the Imphal War Cemetery and the Indian National Army (INA) Memorial, honoring the soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.
Andro Village: Known for its traditional pottery, Andro Village offers an opportunity to witness the age-old pottery-making techniques of the local artisans.
Cultural Significance: Imphal is deeply rooted in Manipuri culture and traditions. The city is known for its classical dance form called Manipuri dance, which reflects the rich heritage of the state. The Ras Lila, a unique dance drama depicting the love story of Lord Krishna and Radha, is a major attraction.
Cuisine: Manipuri cuisine is diverse and flavorsome. Some popular dishes include Eromba (a spicy vegetable stew), Kangshoi (a traditional Manipuri vegetable soup), and Chagem Pomba (a fermented soybean dish). Don’t miss trying the local delicacy called “Iromba,” made with fermented fish.
When planning a visit to Imphal, it’s advisable to check the current travel guidelines and restrictions, as well as any specific requirements for permits or entry passes, particularly for foreign tourists. It’s always a good idea to consult with local authorities or tour operators for the most up-to-date information.
Imphal Tour Packages
|Imphal Tour Packages
|04 Nights / 05 days
|Imphal – Shri Govindjee Temple – Andro Village – Khangkhui Cave – Manipur Zoological Gardens
|10,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Arrive in Imphal
- Arrive in Imphal and check into your hotel.
- After some rest, head out to explore the city.
- Visit Kangla Fort, the historic seat of the Manipuri kings.
- Explore the Kangla Museum and learn about Manipur’s rich history and culture.
- Take a walk along the banks of the Imphal River.
- In the evening, visit the famous Khwairamband Bazaar, also known as the Ima Keithel, which is an exclusive market run by women.
Day 02: Shri Govindjee Temple
- Start your day by visiting the Shri Govindjee Temple, a beautiful Vaishnavite temple dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- Explore the Manipur State Museum, which houses a wide range of artifacts, including ancient manuscripts, traditional costumes, and tribal artifacts.
- Visit the War Cemetery, a memorial dedicated to the soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.
- Enjoy a serene boat ride at the Loktak Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Northeast India, and visit the floating phumdis (mass of vegetation) and Keibul Lamjao National Park.
- Head back to Imphal and spend the evening at leisure.
Day 03: Trip to Andro Village
- Take a day trip to Andro Village, known for its traditional pottery. Explore the unique and age-old pottery-making techniques of the local artisans.
- Visit the Sekta Archaeological Living Museum, which showcases the lifestyle and traditions of the Meitei people.
- Explore the INA Memorial Complex, dedicated to the Indian National Army and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Stop by the Japanese War Memorial, commemorating the Battle of Imphal during World War II.
- Return to Imphal and spend the evening at leisure.
Day 04: Visit the INA Museum
- Embark on a day trip to the scenic town of Moirang.
- Visit the INA Museum, which provides insights into the role played by the Indian National Army in the struggle for independence.
- Explore the ancient Moirang Kangla, a historical site associated with the legendary Moirang Kangleirol, a symbol of Meitei identity.
- Head to the Khangkhui Cave, known for its stalagmites and stalactites formations, and enjoy a thrilling cave exploration experience.
- Return to Imphal and spend the evening shopping for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
Day 05: Visit the Manipur Zoological Gardens
- Visit the Manipur Zoological Gardens, home to various species of animals, including the rare Sangai deer, which is found only in Manipur.
- Explore the picturesque Andro Hill Ranges and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Visit the Imphal War Cemetery, a memorial for the soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.
- Spend some time shopping for local handicrafts, textiles, and traditional Manipuri shawls.
- In the evening, savor some traditional Manipuri cuisine at a local restaurant.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
What are Imphal tour packages?
Imphal tour packages are pre-arranged travel itineraries that include accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, and sometimes meals, specifically designed to explore Imphal and its surrounding areas. These packages offer convenience and a hassle-free experience for travelers.
What is usually included in Imphal tour packages?
Imphal tour packages typically include hotel accommodations, airport transfers, transportation within the city, guided sightseeing to popular attractions, and sometimes meals. The specific inclusions may vary depending on the package and the tour operator.
How can I book an Imphal tour package?
You can book an Imphal tour package through various means. You can contact local travel agencies or tour operators specializing in Northeast India or Manipur tours. Additionally, online travel platforms and websites also offer a wide range of Imphal tour packages that you can book online.
How long do Imphal tour packages usually last?
The duration of Imphal tour packages can vary depending on the package and your preferences. Typically, packages range from 3 to 7 days. However, you can find shorter or longer duration packages to suit your travel needs.
Can I customize an Imphal tour package?
Yes, many tour operators allow customization of Imphal tour packages. You can discuss your preferences, such as specific attractions you want to visit, the duration of the tour, and any additional services you may require, with the tour operator. They can help tailor the package to suit your requirements.
Are there adventure activities included in Imphal tour packages?
Imphal is known for its natural beauty and offers opportunities for adventure activities. While adventure activities may not be included in standard Imphal tour packages, you can inquire with the tour operator or check for specialized adventure packages that include activities like trekking, boating, and camping.
Are entrance fees to attractions included in Imphal tour packages?
Entrance fees to attractions are generally not included in the basic tour package. However, some tour operators may offer packages that include entrance fees to specific attractions. It’s essential to check the details of the package to know what is included and what is not.
Can I combine an Imphal tour package with tours to other destinations?
Yes, if you wish to explore more of the Northeast region, you can combine your Imphal tour package with tours to other nearby destinations like Kohima, Kaziranga National Park, or Aizawl. Many tour operators offer multi-destination packages that allow you to experience the diversity of the region.