Rock Garden: One of the most popular attractions in Chandigarh is the Rock Garden, created by Nek Chand. It is an expansive garden that showcases various sculptures made from recycled materials such as broken bangles, ceramic tiles, and rocks.
Sukhna Lake: Located at the foothills of the Shivalik range, Sukhna Lake is a serene man-made lake that offers a peaceful retreat. Visitors can enjoy boating, take a stroll along the lake’s promenade, or simply relax amidst the scenic surroundings.
Rose Garden: Also known as Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, it is the largest rose garden in Asia, spanning over 30 acres. The garden boasts thousands of different rose varieties, making it a paradise for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
Capitol Complex: Designed by Le Corbusier, the Capitol Complex is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a prominent architectural landmark in Chandigarh. It includes the Legislative Assembly, the High Court, and the Secretariat buildings, each showcasing modernist architectural styles.
Chandigarh Museum and Art Gallery: This museum houses a diverse collection of artifacts, artworks, and archaeological exhibits, offering insights into the history, culture, and art of the region.
Pinjore Gardens: Located on the outskirts of Chandigarh, Pinjore Gardens is a historic Mughal garden known for its terraced lawns, fountains, and beautiful flowerbeds. It is an ideal spot for picnics and leisurely walks.
Sector 17 Plaza: The heart of the city, Sector 17 Plaza is a bustling shopping and commercial hub. It offers a vibrant atmosphere with numerous shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
Cactus Garden: Spread across an area of 7 acres, the Cactus Garden in Panchkula, near Chandigarh, is home to a vast collection of cacti and succulents from around the world. It is a unique and intriguing attraction for plant enthusiasts.
Chandigarh Botanical Garden and Nature Park: Situated in Sarangpur village, this expansive park is a haven for nature lovers. It features diverse plant species, a butterfly park, a medicinal plant garden, and trekking trails for outdoor enthusiasts.
Shopping and Cuisine: Chandigarh offers a great shopping experience with various markets and malls offering a range of products, including traditional handicrafts, textiles, and fashion items. Don’t miss the opportunity to savor the local Punjabi cuisine, known for its rich flavors and hearty dishes.
|01 Nights / 02 days
|10,500/- Per Person (Min- 6 Person)
Day 01: Rock Garden
- Rock Garden: Start your day by visiting the famous Rock Garden, a unique sculpture garden created by Nek Chand. It showcases a vast collection of sculptures made from recycled materials like rocks, broken ceramics, and industrial waste.
- Sukhna Lake: Head to Sukhna Lake, a peaceful and serene man-made lake located at the foothills of the Shivalik range. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the promenade, indulge in boating activities, or simply relax and soak in the beautiful surroundings.
- Sector 17 Plaza: Explore Sector 17 Plaza, the main shopping and commercial hub of Chandigarh. Stroll through the vibrant market, shop for souvenirs, and try some local snacks and street food.
- Open Hand Monument: Visit the iconic Open Hand Monument, which is the official emblem of Chandigarh. It symbolizes peace, unity, and the city’s progressive mindset. The monument is located in Sector 1 near the Capitol Complex.
- Rose Garden: Conclude your day by visiting the Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, one of the largest rose gardens in Asia. It is home to thousands of rose varieties and offers a delightful sight and fragrance. Spend some time exploring the garden and enjoying the colorful blooms.
Day 02: Capitol Complex
- Capitol Complex: Start your second day by visiting the Capitol Complex, an architectural marvel designed by Le Corbusier. It houses the Punjab and Haryana High Court, the Legislative Assembly, and the Secretariat. Take a guided tour to explore the impressive buildings and understand the city’s design philosophy.
- Government Museum and Art Gallery: Next, visit the Government Museum and Art Gallery, located in Sector 10. It houses a vast collection of art, archaeological artifacts, and historical documents. Don’t miss the exquisite Gandhara sculptures and the Nalanda archaeological collection.
- Chandigarh Botanical Garden and Nature Park: Explore the Chandigarh Botanical Garden and Nature Park, a sprawling green space spread over 88 acres. Take a leisurely walk through the garden, enjoy the serene ambiance, and learn about the diverse flora and fauna of the region.
- International Dolls Museum: Visit the International Dolls Museum, located in Sector 23. It displays a fascinating collection of dolls from different countries, showcasing their traditional attire, culture, and heritage.
- Mohali Cricket Stadium: If you’re a cricket fan, consider visiting the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali, which is just a short drive from Chandigarh. Take a tour of the stadium and learn about its history and significance in Indian cricket.
- Evening Leisure: Spend your evening exploring the local markets, enjoying delicious Punjabi cuisine at a traditional restaurant, or simply relaxing in a garden or park.
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
Call for Best Deal: +91 9870240354
- Pick up and drop from airport/railway/bus station.
- Accommodation on double/twin sharing basis.
- All breakfast included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private A/C vehicle.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges All applicable taxes.
- Service Tax – 5% GST Extra.
- Any air/bus/rail fare Any other meals not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, mini bar, telephone etc.
- Guide charges/boating charges/entrance fees for any sightseeing
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
- Supplementary cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season .
Q: Where is Chandigarh located?
A: Chandigarh is a city in northern India and serves as the capital of the states of Punjab and Haryana. It is located at the foothills of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas.
Q: How can I reach Chandigarh?
A: Chandigarh has excellent connectivity by air, rail, and road. The city has its own airport, Chandigarh International Airport (IXC), which is well-connected to major cities in India. It also has a railway station, Chandigarh Junction, with regular trains from various parts of the country. Additionally, Chandigarh is well-connected by road with a network of national highways.
Q: What is the best time to visit Chandigarh?
A: The best time to visit Chandigarh is during the autumn and spring seasons, which are from October to November and February to March, respectively. The weather during these months is pleasant with moderate temperatures, making it ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
Q: What are the must-visit attractions in Chandigarh?
A: Chandigarh is known for its well-planned architecture and beautiful gardens. Some of the must-visit attractions in Chandigarh include the Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake, Rose Garden, Capitol Complex, Open Hand Monument, and the Sector 17 Market.
Q: Is there any accommodation available in Chandigarh?
A: Yes, Chandigarh offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit different budgets. There are luxury hotels, boutique hotels, budget hotels, and guesthouses available in various parts of the city. It is advisable to make reservations in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.
Q: Can I rent a car or hire a taxi for local transportation in Chandigarh?
A: Yes, you can rent a car or hire a taxi for local transportation in Chandigarh. There are several car rental agencies and taxi services available in the city. Additionally, auto-rickshaws and cycle-rickshaws are also commonly used for short-distance travel within the city.
Q: Are there any food specialties in Chandigarh?
A: Chandigarh offers a variety of food options, ranging from traditional Punjabi cuisine to international cuisines. Some popular food specialties in Chandigarh include butter chicken, tandoori dishes, chole bhature, rajma chawal, and various street food items like golgappe, chaat, and samosas.
Q: Are there any shopping areas or markets in Chandigarh?
A: Yes, Chandigarh has several shopping areas and markets where you can indulge in retail therapy. The Sector 17 Market is a popular shopping destination, known for its branded stores, boutiques, and handicrafts. Other popular markets include Sector 22 Market, Elante Mall, and Palika Bazaar.
Q: Is Chandigarh safe for tourists?
A: Chandigarh is considered to be a relatively safe city for tourists. However, it is always advisable to take general precautions like avoiding isolated areas at night, taking care of personal belongings, and following any local guidelines or recommendations for safety.